Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Tekzilla

Old 09-17-2010, 12:38 AM
jackierulesall
Miss Webmaster

Default Episode 158: New Core CPUs, SSDs Improve Gaming, IDF 2010! RipMonster 3000, Sync FIles Across Win 7, OS X and Linux, Google Instant, Boxee Box [Discussion]

Prezi Makes Presentations Simple. Sandy Bridge: Loyd Case On Your Next Notebook CPU? Securely Rip 100 CDs An Hour: The RipMonster 3000. Deleting the Random User Account, Save Your Passwords, Boxee Box: New CPU, Pre-Orders on Amazon, Corporate Antivirus Picks: from 400 to 400,000 users!

Watch or download now!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:40 AM
davo1111

lol, they bleeped out veronica :P

me = keepass
Old 09-17-2010, 03:14 AM
webpagesby22

Default Good luck to get pooped on by a bird

As bad as it sounds I hear that is good luck to get pooped on by a bird. Something to think about when there is a bird over your head
Old 09-17-2010, 04:44 AM
davmoo
Elite Member

I'm going to go back and rewatch to see if maybe I just missed its mention, but what is the case that Patrick used for the RipMonster 3000? I need a case with lots of 5 1/4" bays.

I'm almost as bad as Patrick and Roger and their text file of passwords. I use one single password on everything. Its a VERY secure password as far as character set and such goes, but still...

I will grant that I have not used anything from Symantec in over a year. But at least up until then, if someone told me I had to use Symantec's antivirus, quite frankly I'd rather just have the virus. Every system that I've worked on that was having any kind of resource problem, Symantec was the resource hog.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:23 PM
xfuuey
Elite Member

surprised patrick didn't bring up Dropbox LAN Sync feature for that basic video question at the beginning

also, lee the consultant...i'm sorry man, but SAV 10 f'ing sucks. we deploy that to our 30,000+ users, and i've never seen so many viruses/spyware/etc slip by it & go undetected. most of all, it's a massive resource hog (although it's great for its centralized management).
maybe when we upgrade to SEP here soon, the new revision of their antivirus will have improved, but until then, i will continue to really dislike SAV

Last edited by xfuuey : 09-17-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:37 PM
dh4645

no more low quality versions?
i watch rev3 shows at work (during lunch...usually) and dont want to use up bandwidth and have IT up my butt
Old 09-22-2010, 03:37 PM
ghelyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmoo View Post
I'm going to go back and rewatch to see if maybe I just missed its mention, but what is the case that Patrick used for the RipMonster 3000? I need a case with lots of 5 1/4" bays.
I didn't check, but the Antec 1200 has 12x 5 bays as a full tower, or the 900 has 9 as a midi tower. There are plenty of other cases similar to this (NZXT Tempest for example) but the Antec ones are generally quite low cost and good quality.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:54 AM
nabokovfan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghelyar View Post
I didn't check, but the Antec 1200 has 12x 5 bays as a full tower, or the 900 has 9 as a midi tower. There are plenty of other cases similar to this (NZXT Tempest for example) but the Antec ones are generally quite low cost and good quality.
I own a 1200, DO NOT BUY. Antec's P series is fantastic, but their new stuff all has proprietary fan knobs and things that you must put a lot of work into changing. The NZXT is much better about changing things, and Cooler Master or Lian Li is where I would actually send people to look for a case.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:52 AM
cafields

Thumbs down I Will Never Watch Tekzilla or HDnation Again.

I stopped watching at 7:21, you guys need to go back to elementary school and learn how to speak english, anyone that talks like that is a retard.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:35 PM
veronicazilla
Show Host

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafields View Post
I stopped watching at 7:21, you guys need to go back to elementary school and learn how to speak english, anyone that talks like that is a retard.
Hello, obvious troll. Let me count the ways:

1. "Internets" is a funny term we frequently use on the show because we think it's cute. If you don't think it's cute or funny, fine. But please at least comprehend that it's intentional.

2. You used the word "retard," which is not only a really lame and pathetic insult, but it makes you sound like you're in high school. OK, that's actually offensive to people in high school trying to get an education and engage in respectful discourse with people in the real world.

I haven't gone back to see what your FIRST post on these forums are, but I have a feeling it would just make me waste even more brain cycles on you.