Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Tekzilla

Old 01-04-2011, 04:13 PM
jackierulesall
Miss Webmaster

Default Episode 180: Windows Activation Secrets, Top Blu-rays of 2010, iPhone Universal Remote, Best Buy HDTV Calibration, Mixing Brands of RAM, CES [Discussion]

More Tech Bargain Sites, How To Install Windows on a Clean Drive from an Upgrade Disk. UnityRemote from GEAR4 Reviewed: Can You Dump Your Universal Remote for an iPhone? Our Top Blu-ray's of 2010, Mixing Brands of Memory, Windows Activation: There's nothing to fear! The New Blu-ray Releases for January 4th, 2010!

Watch or download now!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:53 PM
davisan

Gnu/linux and BSD: No activation or registration or product key required and you can have as many copies of 32 and or 64 bit versions as you want. Same is true for arm, ppc, and other platforms. Oops, MS does not run on those other platforms yet. Sorry.

Last edited by davisan : 01-04-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 PM
lbalsam

Default Best Buy HD Calibration Experience

I received the calibration service free because of the model I bought. Best Buy said it was the service they normally charge for $150 or more for.

The technician was very nice and had some training. but not much.

He performed the calibration by eye, he had been given some basic guidelines. He did what he had been taught to do. He adjusted brightness contrast and the individual color controls.

He did not go into any service menus and did not look at the over-scan issue, or any other settings.

I do photography and teach Photoshop and color theory. IMHO he took a Sony that was pretty good out of the box and made it look as bad as the 15 year old tube TV it replaced. Shadows were very green and all the colors were off.

As soon as he left I reset it to the factory settings turned down the brightness turned down the blues and it looks perfect.

You would save a lot of money and learn a lot more if you buy one of the commercial DVD's and do it yourself. Doing it yourself has been a hot topic on HD Nation, check out some of their back episodes and forums.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:48 AM
cyg5029

pat in this episode said something about can't see full ram on i7 processor or something.

i'm using i7 with 12 gigs of tripple channel ram. does this mean it's wasted? can anyone elborate?