Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > InDigital

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 09-26-2007, 05:20 PM
jlouderb
CEO

Default Why we ended InDigital

There’s been a bunch of discussion here about why we’ve ended InDigital, and I just want to set the record straight.

Although InDigital has been a fun show, as Revision3 has grown we’ve realized that the best way to move forward is to have all of our in-house shows produced in our new facilities in San Francisco. We’re building a new studio that will give us tremendous economies of scale and competitive advantage, but it is located here in the bay area (see more on the Revision3 Gazette, and watch the studio being constructed live via our studio cams).

We’ve been clear with Hahn for almost a year that he would need to move to San Francisco to continue working at Revision3, and producing InDigital. Back in July, Hahn decided not to move to San Francisco, and we realized that InDigital could not proceed without Hahn.

Although we considered continuing InDigital in San Francisco, with Jessica Corbin, Wil Wheaton and Patrick Norton, we realized that it would be fairest to Hahn – who created the show – and to our viewers if we developed a new show that included some of the best of InDigital, but was able to chart its own course.

I’m sorry we couldn’t come to an agreement with Hahn, and have him be part of the exciting things we’re doing at Revision3 in San Francisco. He’s a talented video producer and host , and I know he’ll be successful in whatever he does next.

As for us, I encourage all of InDigital’s fans to try Tekzilla, which debuts this Friday at 10am. I think you’ll enjoy the mix of product reviews, technology help and products. Although Hahn’s gone, I know we’ll keep the spirit of InDigital alive inside Tekzilla.

Jim Louderback
CEO, Revision3