Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Systm

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 04-13-2009, 11:50 PM
haku

Default Episode 99 - Add Multiple Power Outlets to Your Car [discussion]

Tired of not having enough power points in your car to keep your phone charged, your GPS on, and your DVD/monitor combo playing? Change all that by adding additional 12 volt power outlets to your car.

Watch and/or download here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now THIS is what I would call a spot-on Systm episode, enhancing something you use through DIY without having to pay lots of money for someone else to do it, with helpful and important info on using the right size wire, where to tap the power from, along with fusing and switching the outlet(s) to save yourself from a fire or the battery draining below the point of no return.

Just a shame this episode is absolutely no use to me, got no car

Systm has touched on the use of 12v batteries before with episode 57, DIY portable power pack using a 12v sealed lead acid battery, and also mentioned about the voltage not going too low. The LVDs (Low Voltage Disconnect) devices I've searched for have mostly been quite expensive, perhaps it's time someone like David Calkins did an episode on making your own LVD, using a PIC or PICAXE (probably easier for the end user considering the ease of programming one) it should be fairly easily done.

BTW, I really really hope episode 100 is something to look forward to, any hints?