Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 08-12-2009, 07:35 PM
billyhotdog

Default You missed some of the Champions missions

In the starting zone you can help Griswold find his luggage. In the Canada zone Their is a Lost plane crash mission and a lot of jokes if you read them. The Griswold missions are a cool sub-story in every zone.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:52 PM
siraim

Great show.. loved the Cracked.com segment.

Quick question on Champions though. Alex made a point of crying foul on having too many options, but isn't that what made SWG great at the beginning? I could be a marksman that could also cook.. or a dancer that happened to be a doctor. Picking and choosing skill trees that made me happy as I went along.

For those of you that have played CO (which I'm definitely giving a try at the end of the month) and played SWG when it launched, is there a noticeable difference in the number of options for skills/class in CO vs SWG?

GamerTag: Wilsyn || PS NetID: Wilsyn
Blog || Digg || Twitter
TotallyRadFans.com

Old 08-13-2009, 12:54 AM
w0z

I really liked the new Cracked segment. Great episode.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:04 AM
thoeft

Going to be honest... I was a bit nervous for the cracked segment because who wants to listen to people read a list? But it ended up hilarious. Good commentary. Maybe stick to the idea mentioned earlier, pick a couple from the list so the segment doesn't drag, but good work!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:42 AM
ojimaru

Alex mentioned Champion Online's starting zone didn't help him "get into" the game. I am much obliged to point out the case is similar, if not worse, for World of Warcraft. In WoW you start off as a complete nobody collecting linen, killing wolves, running from point A to point B to talk to person C and then person D as an errand... Whereas CO starts you in the middle of an alien invasion!

Then again, it didn't surprise me that Alex was so biased towards WoW... makes me wonder if that will be the same when the game he's "most excited about" hits Open Beta.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:43 AM
capnhulk

Where the heck did Dan get that awesome T-shirt?
Old 08-16-2009, 03:06 AM
paulkonopacki

Default GI Joe background

Yes, Alex. You pronounced 'Konopacki' correctly (kawn'-owe-pack-ee).

I thought the amateurish Photoshop background I sent you guys back in in September, 2007 might not have been of the quality worthy of such a great video podcast.

I wish I had also kept all the Hot Wheel cars and orange track I played with as a kid growing up in the 1970s. Probably worth a few $$ on eBay.

You guys mentioned 'Long Way Round' TV series with Ewan McGregar and Charlie Boorman. I watched the entire series a couple of times; even read the book. Great adventures of a couple of buddies. (The sequel 'Long Way Down' wasn't nearly as good).

Regarding a recent episode segment, I've been geocaching in the St. Louis, Missouri area since 2001 (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?g...b-52ed7d368428). In fact, I've been the webmaster for our local geocaching group for many years (http://www.slaga.org). I really loved the recent segment you guys did on geocaching. I even created a news story on the web site highlighting that segment (http://www.geostl.com/SLAGAPostNuke/...rticle&sid=554).

Years ago, geocaches were mainly hidden in the woods and you had to hike a bit to get to them. These days, you can drive up to them and find them without breaking a sweat.

Paul Konopacki

P.S. I was in the audience when Diggnation came to St. Louis last year. It was worth standing outside for 30 minutes in the freezing cold, but would appreciate if you schedule something in the summer, next time!

Last edited by paulkonopacki : 08-16-2009 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:56 PM
kyuss

great ep, i loved the cracked segment... is the site down?
can't seem to get on the man site, the mobile on works tho!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:51 PM
themattsign

Great episode, I enjoyed the cracked segment!! Does anyone know what Dan said he was off the side of the road doing when he's telling the story about how he almost died twice at the end of the show?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:24 AM
tsmith15
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojimaru View Post
Alex mentioned Champion Online's starting zone didn't help him "get into" the game. I am much obliged to point out the case is similar, if not worse, for World of Warcraft. In WoW you start off as a complete nobody collecting linen, killing wolves, running from point A to point B to talk to person C and then person D as an errand... Whereas CO starts you in the middle of an alien invasion!
This was the only part of WoW that I enjoyed, and the crafts were the only thing that kept me playing as long as I did.