Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 03-19-2009, 02:44 PM
wideawakewesley
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wideawakewesley

Quote:
BBC Three has announced it is to air a one-hour Being Human documentary.

The show, titled Being Human Unearthed, will take the audience on a behind-the-scenes tour to meet many of the actors in the series.

Aidan Turner, Russell Tovey, Lenora Crichlow and Jason Watkins are among the actors lined up to appear in the March 28 show.

The documentary will also feature interviews with series creator and writer Toby Whithouse and will be followed by the first three episodes of the first series.

The remaining episodes of series one will be shown the following Saturday.

Being Human was recently recommissioned for a second series.
And good news for US fans

Quote:
BC AMERICA ANNOUNCES THREE SCI FI DRAMAS - BEING HUMAN, SURVIVORS AND A NEW SEASON OF PRIMEVAL

BBC AMERICA today announced three highly anticipated sci-fi dramas: BBC AMERICA co-production Being Human and the acquisitions of Survivors and a new season of Primeval. All three shows will premiere later in 2009.

Being Human (6 x 60), a Touchpaper Television and BBC AMERICA co-production for the BBC, distributed by RDF Rights, part of the RDF Media Group.

Survivors (1 x 90, 5 x 60), a BBC production distributed by BBC Worldwide.

Primeval (10 x 60), an Impossible Pictures production for ITV, distributed by BBC Worldwide.

BEING HUMAN - U.S. PREMIERE

Mixing the mythic with the commonplace, the farcical with the horrific and the domestic with the epic, this BBC AMERICA co-production is a witty and extraordinary look into the lives of three twenty-somethings and their secret double-lives as a werewolf, a vampire and a ghost. The trio do their best to live their lives as normally as possible, despite their strange and dark secrets. But with unwelcome intruders into their world, a threatened revolution from the vampire underworld and constant threats of exposure on top of the day-to-day issues faced by young people the only thing they may be able to rely on in their heightened world, is each other.

SURVIVORS - U.S. PREMIERE

The chilling new apocalyptic drama, Survivors, focuses on the world in the aftermath of a virus that has wiped out 99% of the human race. The lonely few who remain struggle to start over in a devastated world where everything that was once safe and familiar is now strange and dangerous. At the center of the story is a bewildered but resilient group of survivors led by Abby Grant (Julie Graham), a woman whose strength comes from a burning need to find out if her young son is still alive. This brave new world brings an opportunity for new beginnings, but also terrible dangers not just the daily struggle for food and water, but a deadly threat from other survivors.

PRIMEVAL - U.S. PREMIERE

Sci-fi thriller Primeval roars back onto BBC AMERICA. When evolutionary zoologist Nick Cutter (Douglas Henshall) discovers prehistoric creatures alive and well in the present day, the natural world is turned on its head and humanity faces a threat to its very existence. Unexplained anomalies are ripping holes in the fabric of time, allowing creatures to roam the modern world. In the new season Cutter struggles with the death of his assistant and his wifes betrayal, while the cloak of secrecy behind which theyve been working is beginning to slip.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:13 PM
wideawakewesley
Elite Member

Find out more about Being Human here and don't miss it when it debuts this month in the US:

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/how-the...g-human-tw.php
Old 07-21-2009, 10:40 AM
wideawakewesley
Elite Member

Don't miss this show when it debuts on BBCA on July 25th!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:28 PM
kzap
Elite Member

Seen it, wasn't a huge fan when it first came out (but I was bored so watched every episode) then there was one episode when I thought "this show is finally getting good and has some decent action" that was the second last episode.
All in all I liked it but I found it too plane, there was hardly any action and the comedy seemed like the sort of comedy you find in action shows and there wasn't enough to carry the show.
I still like it but not as much as most people, I just didn't get what it was supposed to be (not enough jokes to be a comedy and not enough action to be action series), if any thing it's a supper-natural soap.
Worth a rent but defiantly not one to buy in my opinion.

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away." - (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Old 07-21-2009, 04:52 PM
cucumberboy

The show is alright, imo. It feels a lot like one of those british teen shows with dialogue that can sometimes feel a bit cliché and the look of the show is very generic. But it's definitely enjoyable. I recommend everyone to at least check it out. I don't follow the show, but I'll watch it occasionally.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:10 PM
wideawakewesley
Elite Member

Did anyone watch?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:12 AM
djhyjak

Send a message via Yahoo to djhyjak

watched season one and loved it, i liked the pilot more but hey at least the ghost is hotter. cant wait for season 2. now if they would make another Dead Set.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:41 PM
joeyrock

Dead Set was Channel 4 not BBC.. but there won't be another one of those... highly unlikely.

Last edited by joeyrock : 07-27-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 AM
wideawakewesley
Elite Member

Quote:
The misfits from the hot British dramedy "Being Human" will face another challenge: being American.

Syfy has handed out a 13-episode order to a U.S. version of the BBC show from RDF Media USA.

"Human" revolves around three twentysomething roommates -- who happen to be a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf -- as they help one another navigate the complexities of living double lives.

The original series, produced by RDF subsidiary Touchpaper TV and executive produced by Rob Pursey, had an initial six-episode run on digital channel BBC Three. It was so successful that the show got a second window on mothership BBC One. It is slated to return early next year for an eight-episode second season.

The deal for a U.S. take on the show at Syfy marks the first scripted series order for the cable network following its rebranding this summer designed to attract broader audience. It also marks the first scripted series order for RDF Media USA.

"Human" appeared on Syfy's radar about two years ago when the network was given the pilot script by the BBC, which was seeking to bring in the U.S. cable network in as co-producer. It was too late in the process, so Syfy brass passed but became instant fans of the material.

"It turned out great as we can now do an American version," Syfy president Dave Howe said. "We've always been keen on vampires and werewolves, and we loved the originality of 'Being Human,' the fact that the fantastical creatures in it are very young, accessible and charming."

Howe stressed that Syfy is not going to "slavishly replicate the British version." Some of network's core audience already might be familiar with the original series, which runs in the U.S. on BBC America.

The search is on for a writer to adapt "Human," with Syfy targeting a launch in summer or fall 2010 and eyeing it as a potential companion piece to breakout hit "Sanctuary," which shares similar subject matter.

The U.S. version of "Human" drew a lot of interest from broadcast and cable networks and several production commitment offers, but Syfy stood out, RDF Media USA CEO Chris Coelen said.

"From the beginning, Syfy was unwavering in its pursuit of the project and had a lot of conviction about doing it,"

The company, which established a toehold in the U.S. on the strength of its unscripted business, has been making a big push in scripted series largely outside the traditional studio system. RDF is the sole producer of "Human" and is also working on several other scripted projects.

"We're getting into the scripted and studio business in a different way; the plan is to do things ourselves," Coelen said.
Looks like another American remake is on the way.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:52 PM
giggleloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideawakewesley View Post
Looks like another American remake is on the way.

UGH, why must they do that?!?! *sigh*

I just watched the Unearthed special the other night, & rewatched the one-off pilot of Being Human again. SO GOOD. I'm going to get my husband to have a Being Human and a Dead Set marathon this weekend for Halloween.

(I started watching Dead Set last night, but I only got 15 minutes in before I decided that I wanted to watch it with my husband, so I turned it off. Can't wait though!)

So, when does Series 3 air? I heard they're filming it now, right? Wes?
<> Diamond Club For Life <>