Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Co-Op

Old 11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
tmnt

Default Gamefly FastReturn Experience

hey what up all

you guys got an awesome show going on. keep up the great work. i even signed up for gamefly because i wanted to try out the games you talk about on the show.

have any of you succeeded with Gamefly's FastReturn? i guess you go to the post office and scan the Gamefly return envelope, and Gamefly sends you the next available game on your gameQ that day?

I tried it monday at the post office, 1300 Huntington Ave, San Bruno, CA. I asked the guy there to do a FastReturn scan and he said theres no barcode to scan. The envelope wasn't damaged and the ink wasn't smeared. so I went ahead and just let him mail it how it was.

Usually I just drop it off in the morning, at that post office's mailbox. I get a received msg on my cell phone around lunch on Thursday and get another msg telling me the next available game from my gameQ is sent on that same day. The game usually doesnt get in my mailbox until Thursday or Friday. This method takes 10 to 12 days to get another game in my hands. Its a good thing im on the 2 games out plan so i can cycle through games.

i'm usally between San Bruno, San Francisco, and Napa. have any of you succeeded with Gamefly's FastRetun around these areas? Please share any Gamefly returning experiences you have.

Co-op guys Ive got to thank you again for the heads up on Dynamos, the place with the maple bacon doughnut. My clinical rotation is at SF general and that place is just around the corner. I brought that doughnut onto my unit and the nurses there were like, "that thing looks dangerous", I told them about the place and now they're extremely nice to me and offer some pretty good sweets. Thanks Guys
Old 11-25-2009, 06:22 PM
golgofrinchian

From my experience with GF is they throttle the sending of games eventually. The first month I got most of mine asap, like within a day or so of them receiving previous title. Then, slowly the games started coming to me much slower, like within 3-4 days after and by the time I quit it had been almost a week and a half with no notification of a game to be sent. It said "No games in Q" when I had over 30 PS3 and Wii games in the Q some with immediate availability. I understand why they throttle the sending of games but it should reset every month or so, because the game I sent back I had for nearly 2 weeks so I should have gotten my next one within a week I feel.

It may be where I live or something along those lines, but caveat emptor imho.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
aerodash84
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to aerodash84

I used to be a member with Gamefly and noticed games getting lost in the mail. I'd send it out and over a week would go by and I never got a notice of them receiving it. But if there was a way to have the post office scan it and GameFly ship my next game sooner, I may be willing to go back to it. Is this for all post offices?
Old 12-01-2009, 04:14 PM
bean

i've been using gamefly for a while but im not near SF. never had a game lost in the mail.

i found when i drop at my local post office box they scans the disc most of the time because i get an email from them the next day, then gamefly usually sends out my next disc that day or the next. i guess that's the fastreturn because it only takes a day, but from what I hear it all depends on the post office. either way i probably play about 8 games a month which would cost me way more than the $20/month cost.

you might want to try dropping your discs at couple different post offices in your area and see which ones you get you a return confirmation email.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:57 PM
bean

sorry to db post but i noticed they're giving a console away every day this month for new members and renewels, might be worth giving it a shot. looks like existing members can enter too by mailing in a postcard, think ill do it, me want ps3
Old 12-04-2009, 09:37 PM
kijo

awesome. I could use a new console. do you have a link or something?
Old 12-05-2009, 08:43 PM
bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijo View Post
awesome. I could use a new console. do you have a link or something?
yeah i want a ps3. heres the link: http://www.gamefly.com/features/playerschoice

Good Luck!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:59 AM
ryudo
Elite Member

Damn I am signing up for a free PS3.
Been wanting one for some time just don't have the funds.

Xseed games || Suda51
===================================
PG Games || Cing

Old 12-06-2009, 02:52 AM
kijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
yeah i want a ps3. heres the link: http://www.gamefly.com/features/playerschoice

Good Luck!
Thanks!