Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Pilot Shows

Old 07-07-2010, 01:34 AM
amon91

Send a message via MSN to amon91

You can tell these guys come from doing audio but I have to say I liked the random/unrehearsed chat. I'd have to give it a few more episodes though.

I also wonder, as many here do, how this would fit into Rev3's current line-up. We already have TRS which covers most of this stuff.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:11 AM
owalters

Smile harsh??

I just want to say it's a little unfair to compare this show that is on it's first episode to the tons of other shows on this site that have been shooting much longer. One episode is not enough time to judge a show...give it time, they will get more comfortable in front of the camera and their show will develop. I liked the show because nothing was really forced...(ok, except for the whole alcohol thing LOL I'll admit that was pretty awkward) it flowed pretty naturally, it wasn't scripted and they weren't trying too hard to make people laugh. Maybe the topic is covered by rev3 too much but that's rev3's problem not BDNS.

The people who aren't happy with the show need to realize shooting something like this isn't easy...it's live and improvised. If you think you could do better than get your own show and let us all know how it goes for you. I, for one, would be petrified to go live on camera and talk about anything even if I know everything there is to know about the subject. Even if I thought about forever what I was going to say, I'd probably just sit there like a deer in headlights lol. Yeah the show wasn't perfect but tearing it apart right off the bat is a bit harsh.

I don't have much else to say besides good job nerds and hope rev3 has you back for more episodes. I hope the negative comments don't discourage you guys just keep doing what you're doing.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:45 AM
jazza

Send a message via MSN to jazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by owalters View Post
I just want to say it's a little unfair to compare this show that is on it's first episode to the tons of other shows on this site that have been shooting much longer.
The show has been going for a couple of years, before this. Episode 1 was 5th February 2009, as an audio podcast.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:49 AM
dominator

Look, I was introduced to this place as a whole by Marc, after he repeatedly hyped up the show and guess what after watching it, I wasn't disappointed. It may sound biased as someone who was already a fan of him, but at the same time I think that would give me a better look into it. I know his style I know what he can do and if he gave it anything less than his best we would know it. Him along with James and the rest of the crew did a great job for their FIRST show and I hope to hell they have more of them. It may not be the greatest thing ever to some people, but it hits a perfect niche that will surely be able to keep the interest of enough people and with Marc on board, it gives the show a huge increase in promotion as those of us who were already fans always help our own and will make sure this show is at least given a chance by a hell of a lot more people
Old 07-07-2010, 07:02 AM
ianfromnyc

I've been a friend (IRL) of these guys since the early days of their radio show, maybe I can help clear some things up.

BDNS is not supposed to be a review show like TRS, or even specifically a gaming show like Co-Op. It's a group of guys hanging out in the living room for an hour a week, talking about whatever comes up. Trash-talking, girl-chasing, ranting and raving about all the stuff you love and hate.

They used the Co-Op set because that's what was available for no budget.

Although the show has been around on radio and podcast for a few years, not all the old hosts came along to this incarnation, and also it's a whole new behind-the-scenes crew. So it'll take a few episodes to smooth things out. Think of it like Star Trek TNG, pretty lame at the beginning, but then it turned out great once everyone got settled in.

About the Annie thing, she and the guys go way back. There's no way they would have done that bit if she weren't cool with it.

I'm glad Revision3 gave them a chance, and if they get picked up I'll be tuning (logging?) in every week.

Last edited by ianfromnyc : 07-07-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:58 PM
efkduckman

As a long time fan of Marc's work on Lexationships on You Tube I had to check out this show. I thought from a rough beginning they did a solid job for their first live show. Certainly enough for me to check out future shows.

Given some of the horrible shows I've seen online I thought this had a lot of potential.

Marc has some excellent previous work on Lexationships and his stand up work and he brought his usual charisma and comic timing to the show.

The other guys on the show have good chemistry and given more experience working on a live show I think they could really bring something to this site.

I watched it and was entertained and that's the main thing.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:35 PM
nerdonks

Hmmm, I don’t see why the critiques of this show are labelling followers of the stars of this show as ‘biased’. Does that mean if I enjoy certain work of an actor, actress, musician etc., it means I am unable to offer an informed opinion of an objective nature because I have enjoyed their work in the past. Simple analogy...I can sit here and be a fan boy over the original trilogy of Star Wars films and then offer an opinion that The Phantom Menace was an utter pile of pooh.

Furthermore, all opinions need to be respected I believe, but anyone feeling this missed a beat for me personally was way off base. It was fun to watch and look forward to them expanding on this episode. Pilots are there to see if there is any magic to pick up on...not to be wondering whether its going to win the next Golden Globe. If you go back to any hit show whether comedic, dramatic a little from column A or a little from column B, most by the standard of any show are a bit...well...”meh”. This was far from “meh” and I usually put this down to people not liking this sort of work as people that feel the need to offer an opinion on the net because well...George Lucas wouldn’t care less what they think of the Phantom Menace.

To the cast, keep living the dream, personally I think you are onto something special and pay no attention to forum posting wannabe Siskel and Ebert’s who can’t afford a trip to the Hollywood sign let alone make a decision on it’s behalf.

Regards
Ian
Old 07-08-2010, 01:22 AM
masterevilace

Pilot was bland... Star wars is an over-talked about topic.
I don't really connect with any of the hosts. Too geeky... It doesn't bring anything new to the table.

And it's YACS... Yet another couch show on Revision3. I can't help but absolutely hate this show right off the bat.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:19 AM
daikun

Update from the BDNS site:

Quote:
Many of you were following our progress with Revision 3, who we pitched our radio show to and were attempting to negotiate and adopt a web-video format for. In a process that spanned several months, two different pilots, and tons of volunteer support from our friends and fans, we regrettably will not be a featured show on Revision 3. Though we can't give you all of the details, r3 was launching a ton of shows at the same time that they were giving us a try, and they felt that they didn't have the resources they would have liked to allot us in order to make our run successful. We are still in contact with Revision 3 and are looking forward to the day when we can work with them again.