Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Destructoid

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 12-04-2011, 04:26 PM
bigkev79

Default Im hoping Destructoid can help.

Hello all.

With Star Wars: The Old Republics release on the horizon, many users are getting ready for the release and preparing their accounts. However there seems to be a disturbing trend discovered, users who have pre-ordered the $150 collectors edition are receiving errors when they enter their pre-order keys that state the code is already in use.

Many of us have posted in the SW:TOR Customer Support forums after opening a support ticket with the team and received no response other than an automated email. Those who have received responses are given new codes that when entered produce the same error.

The issue seems to span multiple retailers so it appears that this is more than likely a issue with EA/BioWare handling the pre-orders poorly and not the retailers. So far we have users reporting the issue with pre-orders from GameStop, Best Buy and Amazon.

I have decided to hit Twitter, FaceBook and other more publicly facing sites hoping to get some acknowledgement of the issue and perhaps a reasonable explanation or solution to the problem.

What I am hoping is that we can get the industry talking and perhaps with the help of industry insiders like Destructoid, maybe we can make enough noise if we talk about it and EA/BioWare will be forced to respond to the issue rather than ignore it until after release.

I know I am not happy. I paid $150 for a Collectors Edition and pre-ordered so I could have "Early Access" to the game. However, it appears that what we were promised is simply not the case.

http://bit.ly/tKQoBK