Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > iFanboy

Old 08-21-2010, 11:37 PM
thespeedboy

Speedboy at iFanboy, Speedboy here.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:07 AM
porcelino

Hey all.

I'm a brand new fan of the show, and also a fairly new lover of comic books. I've recently discovered the "indy" side of comic books under labels like Icon, Image, Vertigo, and Dark Horse.

I'm currently reading lots and lots of trades, and loving it. Some titles I have on my list to pick up are:

-Whedon's run on Runaways
-Astonishing X-Men (I like Joss' stuff)
-Y the Last Man
-Powers
-Ex Machina
-Criminal

and I'm currently following titles like S.H.I.E.L.D. and Chew. Any recommendations are more than welcome. Looking forward to perusing this forum.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:08 AM
mjmartinejohn

Hi, Martin, author of webcomic Foreign Matter: seen here:

http://www.foreignmattercomic.com/

Glad to be here.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:26 PM
dj-gonzo

Hey all, I'm DJ-Gonzo, hailing from the dark regions of New Jersey. I think I formerly joined up as Gonzo, but something went wrong with it, so I've this new account. Anywho, I've been on a comic book rise over the last year or so, my favorite titles (old or new) being Batman, Green Lantern, Starman, Daredevil, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Preacher, and oh so many more.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:50 AM
azizbawany

Hi, I'm Aziz from Vegas. Love comics podcasts and really have enjoyed pick of the week for the last few months.

Cheers everybody!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:11 PM
lebahn

Default Lebahn

Lebahn there Lebahn here! Woah!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:06 AM
azrael1213

Hey all, I'm Azrael1213 just moved up to Stamford, CT. I just discovered iFanboy through their video podcasts when looking through iTunes. I've been watching the videos for a few months and listening to their podcasts when at work and I've found them to be enriching and hilarious.

Keep up the great work guys!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:16 PM
kkrakk

Default New here, but longtime comic fan

Hello all! Long time comic fan who honestly stumbled upon some iFanboy episodes on YouTube and got hooked! Really really enjoy the show, great guys, and just when I start reaching a point where I'm kind of sick about hearing everything superhero they turn around and grab my attention with a gem like an episode of crime comics or a feature on indies or some great insight on older hero type books that I have never heard of (Miracleman/Marvelman for example).

Like I say, been a comic reader since the 80's, there was a good 5-8 year gap in there though and now I have been back collecting for a good 10-12 years again with the past few years really feeling like I did as a kid as far as really getting excited about newer comics and really digging in to the past as well.

I've always been more of a fan of alternative/indie comics. Those are what made a much bigger impact in my life growing up than the superhero stuff. I remember going to a couple of local shops and having to ask to see the "adult comics" that we're kept in a couple of boxes behind the counter as opposed to the regular racks. Guys like Peter Bagge (The Bradley's, Neat Stuff, Hate), Jim Woodring (Jim, Frank), Gilbert Shelton (Freak Brothers) and Daniel Clowes (Eightball) had a huge impact on me and still do to this day. Especially Peter Bagge. Love his Bradleys family stuff and Hate.

These days, I'm reading:
-Criminal, Fatale, Gotham Central and anything else Brubaker has his name on
-The Bulletproof Coffin
-The new Animal Man series is really impressing me right now
-The new Swamp Thing is good, but has yet to blow me away.....BUT I think that is coming!
-and I have a son who is 6 and I am REALLY enjoying the before bed stories because we have started reading some select comics together as a part of our before sleep reading time. Spongebob comics being a favorite of both of ours

That's me. Glad to be here and looking forward to more iFanboy videos in the future on the main site.