Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Film Riot

Old 04-04-2012, 12:01 PM
bashenmantv

Default Video Editing Software

So I bought Corel Video Studio Pro last year for around $100 at Best Buy but I don't know of anyone who uses it. I'm guessing there's a reason for it and I'm afraid I wasted my money. Anyone care to share some input?
Old 05-16-2012, 05:35 PM
levelmaker

Default Video Editing

Hey, I have been using Pinnacle Studio for about 6 years now starting with version 8 and now version 15, it is a simple editor with some nice wipes, until recently I have been using Cyberlink's Powerdirector 10, this is really cool, but getting to know the buttons like all software takes some time. I have tried all those others, some have to many adjustment and then you need to wait for them to render before you see your final product, I know with Powerdirector you see what it will look like from the get go, you also get a fast render, and the best part of this software you can get updates from Cyberlink without paying for those extra addon's, they even have dvd templates you can download for free. Try out the free version first to see if this is the software for you. But my two choices are Pinnacle Studio 15 and Cyberlink's Producer 10.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:28 PM
mikec
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashenmantv View Post
So I bought Corel Video Studio Pro last year for around $100 at Best Buy but I don't know of anyone who uses it. I'm guessing there's a reason for it and I'm afraid I wasted my money. Anyone care to share some input?
You are worried about wasting your money, valid point. The question I ask you is, are you using the software to edit? Are you doing something with it? Who cares what you use, if you are getting results. Yep, moving to Final Cut or Premiere will involve a learning curve, different interface and layout, but if you understand the concepts and the reason why you do things, you are not wasting your money.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:53 PM
funovision

As Mikec said if you are getting results then I wouldn't worry about it. It is always good to learn the ins and outs of other programs though I guess.