Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Networks > Rev3Games

Old 03-30-2012, 08:44 AM
sneedo

Send a message via ICQ to sneedo Send a message via AIM to sneedo Send a message via MSN to sneedo Send a message via Yahoo to sneedo
Default The Youtubification of Revision3.com videos

I find it a little sloppy and lazy that videos viewed via roku and any other method (other than youtube) feature the ending where you can pick your next video.

This is a great idea when viewing videos on youtube and sure I understand it saves plenty of time only having to put out one final product, however it's quite sloppy, unprofessional and may be confusing to new or less tech savvy viewers when they cannot select the next video on their roku player among the onscreen options appearing.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:58 PM
cybersuchus

I agree. I think Rev 3's latest move towards appealing to a Youtube audience is a big misstep. Rev 3 was at their best when they were a content producer, instead of an aggregator. This constant push to appeal to Youtube seems pointless. Youtube might be the biggest video provider online today, but they are not a requirement for getting seen online. Sadly as long as companies insist that being on Youtube is paramount, Youtube will continue to be the dominant video stream out there.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:06 PM
be4real2life

Smile my quote

1step for me is like ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuchus View Post
I agree. I think Rev 3's latest move towards appealing to a Youtube audience is a big misstep. Rev 3 was at their best when they were a content producer, instead of an aggregator. This constant push to appeal to Youtube seems pointless. Youtube might be the biggest video provider online today, but they are not a requirement for getting seen online. Sadly as long as companies insist that being on Youtube is paramount, Youtube will continue to be the dominant video stream out there.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:13 PM
nusna_moebius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuchus View Post
But it could be used to gain some market share and revenue that would other wise cost Rev3 more money to produce. What I would hope is that such a practice is used as a means to finance and launch new original content directly from Rev3. I need more Tekzilla, and I would love for it to run on a five-a-week schedule (with 1.5 - 2 hour episodes!), and who knows, we may get that. It's too good a show and too reminiscent of the old TechTV days, and that same feeling makes me against something like EpicMealTime being on Rev3.

I just hope for the continued long term success of Rev3 and for it to continually stick to it's roots as a provider of entertainment and information related to tech. Good luck Revision 3!
Main system: Phenom II x4 @ 2.8 GHz / Diamond Radeon 5850 1 GB / 2 x 2 GB DDR3-1600 / MSI 770-C45 mobo / 1 TB HDD / Win7 64 / Raidmax 630W PSU / Raidmax Smilodon Case / HP 2009m 20" 1600 x 900 Monitor

Last edited by nusna_moebius : 09-22-2012 at 11:16 PM.