Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 04-21-2012, 03:13 AM
axtimus_prime

Send a message via AIM to axtimus_prime Send a message via Skype™ to axtimus_prime
Default Diablo 3 beta

Not sure if you guys are aware but the Diable 3 beta is available to everyone this weekend if you have a battlnet account. I tried it out tonight and it's def diablo and it's def sweet.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:43 PM
descartes

I've finished the Beta with the Demon Hunter and close to finishing with the Monk. It is a very nice addition to the Diablo franchise so far. Diablo II is still one of my favorite games of all time and I still go back and play it a lot, as recently as last year. I have no buyers remorse from pre-ordering the Collectors Edition. I should also specify that for each character the beta is limited to Chapter 1. After you take out the major boss of the Chapter it will say that you have completed the Beta. But you can still start a new character.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:50 PM
tsmith15
Elite Member

I've only gotten to play 10 minutes or so because of disconnects and stuff like that. I didn't enjoy it too much at first, but once I had time to think about it I am so fucking pumped about the whole game. I wish this was just a demo, so I could play it offline, but yeah, I'm all in. Can't wait to see how all the new mechanics play out, and the new visual armor stuff, etc. Fuck, why cant it be May 15th right now.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:37 AM
rokov
Elite Member

I just finished the beta as a barbarian and I'm thinking about rolling a demon hunter. I haven't played either of the previous two and, while the unchangeable top-down perspective and moving with the mouse make it seem a bit dated to me, it was still a lot of fun a very pretty (albeit a bit too easy on normal mode). Then again, if it was 3rd person and used WASD, it would pretty much be WoW. I'll be getting the full version of the game once it launches (WoW annual pass) and it should be an interesting diversion when I'm getting bored of WoW and SWTOR.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:26 AM
tsmith15
Elite Member

So I got on and managed to play for about an hour. Fucking love it. Captures all the fun of Diablo 2 imo, but the animations/effects really push it over the top. It's so satisfying powering through mobs of baddies. I am not concerned about the lack of difficulty though, as the beginning of Diablo 2 is ridiculously easy as well. I find that game gets a lot harder around act 3, and then of course on nightmare & hell difficulties. Can't wait for it to come out, going to get together with a friend or two and play through the whole game at least once, with some pizza, beer, snacks, etc.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:00 AM
khaynu

Spent most of the weekend playing. Got three to level 13 and defeated the end boss with all classes. Had to get my fill in as the game comes out at the worst possible time for me (moving that week, followed by a six week field camp) Regardless really enjoyed it and it feels very much like an diablo game. Wished they had another difficulty then normal available as it was way too easy (only died once the entire beta).
Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 AM
khaynu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmith15 View Post
I am not concerned about the lack of difficulty though
Same here, watched the blizzcast from this weekend where they talk about how the various difficulty settings will work. Don't recall how it was handled in DII, but in DIII they are giving mobs new additional abilities and not just relying on increasing mob health. Another nice touch they mentioned was how the look of gear will vary with each difficulty setting. With the hardest settings giving the most badass looking items.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:37 PM
tsmith15
Elite Member

It doesn't make sense to make the beginning of the game hard anyway, because that would turn a lot of more casual/inexperienced players off. Considering how difficult Hell could be in D2, I'm wondering what Inferno is going to be like lol. I also like the gear thing, I went through a bunch of the items on the bnet website and the art on them looks fucking amazing. Can't wait to see some of the higher level stuff on my characters.