Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 PM
dignan17

Default Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope

I must be missing something.

Alex mentioned how his parents called him while they were watching this movie, implying that they were viewing it at home (I don't know if they actually called him during the film, but the way he put it made it seem they didn't see it in the theater).

Then Dan says that the movie is [I'll paraphrase] "out on every streaming service there is."

I'm just wondering where you folks are able to see it for rent. I don't see it on Netflix or vudu, my preferred places to stream movies. If it's on iTunes it might as well not be anywhere, but I know that's just for me.

Where else is it being streamed? Clearly it's far less than Dan thought it was...
Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 PM
rokov
Elite Member

It's on Amazon, although the rental price is a little steep ($6.99).
http://www.amazon.com/Comic-Con-Epis...5394474&sr=8-1
Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 PM
dignan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokov View Post
Yikes, that is a little steep, especially given the quality I usually get with "HD" Amazon video. It never looks HD to me when I view it on my Tivo. I trust vudu for HD streaming (it's usually nearly as good as bluray). vudu tops out at $6 for their highest quality.

Sad
Old 04-26-2012, 12:49 AM
frankiethewaffle

Um it has been on iTunes for a long time. I have not seen it as I wanna buy it, not rent it. But Alexs' parents had seen it for that reason at least.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:16 AM
dignan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiethewaffle View Post
Um it has been on iTunes for a long time. I have not seen it as I wanna buy it, not rent it. But Alexs' parents had seen it for that reason at least.
Did you read my post? Not everyone uses iTunes. And being on iTunes and Amazon is not "every streaming service out there." I assume Dan just didn't know that it wasn't on Netflix or other services.

So the choice for me is to either pay too much for sub-par quality video, download iTunes and only watch it on my computer, or wait until it hits one of the streaming services I use. I guess I'll wait for that last one.

Oh well, it sounds like a great movie.

ps- I'm sorry, I just don't understand the desire to own a digital copy of a movie. I'll have to create a new thread about that issue, though...
Old 04-26-2012, 03:46 AM
stubadub
Elite Member

List of providers:
http://comicconmovie.com/showcase/co...n-on-demand-2/

There's 22 services listed, one of which is Vudu. It seems to be listed as available under New Releases on Vudu's site.

Netflix doesn't really count. They aren't a pay per viewing type of service. So far they only carry movies at some point after they've become available to purchase.

The rental price is slightly higher than you expected because it is being put on VOD while also coming out in theaters. You are paying a slight premium to be able to watch it within the comfort of your home earlier than the standard 3 months after theatrical release. If you wait a few months the rental price will drop, and in all likelihood it will be streaming on Netflix shortly after that.

Last edited by stubadub : 04-26-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 AM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokov View Post
$7.99 for the hd version...which you can't buy on the site but straight through a tivo or other device.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 AM
dignan17

Thanks, guys! Wow, okay, looking at that list on their own site it does look like a lot more services

And that's weird, because I searched vudu yesterday and I couldn't find it, but I found it today with the same search terms. Odd.

Quote:
The rental price is slightly higher than you expected because it is being put on VOD while also coming out in theaters.
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I thought it might be a straight to streaming release or something. I've certainly paid extra for that in the past (for Tucker and Dale vs Evil), so I can bite the bullet. It's $7.99 on vudu, which I'm actually willing to pay because their quality is superb...
Old 04-26-2012, 11:10 PM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignan17 View Post
I've certainly paid extra for that in the past (for Tucker and Dale vs Evil), so I can bite the bullet.
Same...I'll pay a little extra to get a movie digitally or on DVD the same time as the theatrical release, particularly if it'll help send a message like that.