Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > The Ben Heck Show

Old 07-12-2011, 12:58 AM
whitedragon

Here's a cool show idea! How about taking a run of the mill radio shack 13.8v regulated power supply and hacking it in to an adjustable voltage/current benchtop power supply.

Do that and Bamm!!! 300 dollar power supply on the D/L Cheapo Style!!!

Cheap, Fairly Easy, Extremely Useful.

Adjustable regulated power supply DIY Style is a must for any test bench.

Heck IF ya wanna throw a wow Factor Throw in a arduino and add an Lcd = One Powerful Bad Mutha Ducker Of a power supply.....

Last edited by whitedragon : 07-12-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 AM
deadlydad

I love the idea of the baby rocker. (I, too, have memories of driving at 3am...)

What would be even better would be an EEG-based app that would alert parents when their sleeping baby is about to wake up. (Think about it: wouldn't your nights go a lot better if you could change/feed/etc. the baby BEFORE he/she is bawling his/her/your head off?)
Old 09-06-2011, 05:14 AM
tweakerg

Default Triggered LED's for a drumset

I've been wanting to put LED's in my drum set so they light up when hit. I'm pretty lost when it comes to electricity. So far my idea entails using piezo transducers, led light strips, and an old pc power supply. I don't know if you can just hook them up or how a piezo really works so I haven't gotten far with it.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:35 AM
gingerw00ki3

Default Hud?

I understand how HUD's work, how would I make one? I have an awesome Idea for making use of the large window on the side of my gaming rig XD
Old 10-06-2011, 10:22 PM
user128

Thumbs up Push Button, Receive Bacon

Ok, so by now most people have seen this meme:

Sadly, it is only a myth but what if there were such a glorious device as a bacon dispenser?! A magical machine which would give me hot, crisp bacon at the push of a button!

While I lack the technical knowledge and tools to make this a reality, I have thought about some of the requirements:

Because we are dealing with a food product this presents some extra challenges:
While precooked, shelf-stable bacon dose not require bulky refrigeration, it would be best if the bacon storage compartment was insulated. Additionally, any surface the bacon comes in contact with should be easily removable or accessible for cleaning.

To make the process of refilling the machine simpler a cartridge system could be used. I think the best way would be to have a cloth or paper tape reel with an uptake system. (A stacked magazine could also work but might require too many moving parts)

Lastly; it would be really cool if the whole contraption looked like an old-fashioned hand dryer but this is secondary to food safety concerns.

Thank you so much for considering my idea, I think it would be a great project for your show.
Nathan
Charlotte, NC

additional technical stuff:
-should be able to accommodate various thicknesses and lengths of bacon (if for example I only wanted to dispense half-pieces )
-variable amount of bacon per button press (set one, two or three pieces and possibly random)
-storage for at least twenty pieces
-some type of vent in the top (maybe with a fan) so the person can hear and smell the bacon as it is cooking

Link- Bacon safety: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Food-Safe...oked-bacon.htm
Old 11-17-2011, 01:36 AM
444fox

Smile Idea

I think a portable ps3 would be cool kinda like the Xbox 360 laptop
Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 PM
444fox

Default xbox latop

i think ban should make an old Xbox laptop for all of use this them
Old 03-11-2012, 08:23 AM
kenmasters1007

Default Ideas for Ben

I have a idea along the same lines as the 2600 portable why not try a vectrex portable. Vectrex was made by milton bradly in the early to middle 80's. It was the only system that had its own vector monitor. Or even a coleco vision. that is another good try.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:47 AM
brian-palmer

Default Laser Virtual Keyboard hotkeys

i think it would be cool to use the Celluon Cube Laser Virtual Keyboard,and replace the letter on the keyboard with images of hotkeys for different programs.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 05-07-2012, 03:57 PM
rockethacker

Default CNC label maker

how about a cnc label maker? one could be made by combining an eggbot and a roll of masking tape. it should be able to do any size of tape up to 2". The machine would print directly on the roll. you would remove the roll from the machine to retrieve the label (so no fancy tape feeding is required).

you would probably have to hack the eggbot a bit to convert the Z coordinate from a rotational actuator to a linear actuator since a roll of tape is flat. you could probably use the existing eggbot software.

this project would be super handy because i brew my own beer at home. I would use this to label ingredients, supply boxes, fermenters, and of course, beer bottles. i'd make this project on my own, but i'm too busy brewing beer (and hacking rockets).