Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Tekzilla

Old 05-08-2012, 01:33 PM
willrun4fun

Default Tip for simple AV reciever for use with AppleTV2

I want a second simple receiver that has an auto-on capability when it gets audio on an optical port. Anything like that exist? Only needs to be stereo and drive some smaller drivers.

I don't always want to have to have the TV on when just using my ATV2 for audio with airplay so I would like to use the optical out on the ATV and just keep that on a receiver that I would not have to go turn on all the time.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 AM
rfm33428

I know you'll need a DAC. For the auto power, you'll probably have to check the features of each unit. I've read of it being done (supposedly), but there wasn't a model of the DAC mentioned or if anything else was used.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:35 PM
mikec
Elite Member

Things like your request is why people buy Harmony remotes. A properly programmed button push would turn items A, B and C on. Another programmed button turns another set of items on.

You want power on when the optical port receives a signal, what about another input section? The equipment maker would have to take a rather simple piece of hardware and start putting in some complexity.