Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Ctrl+Alt+Chicken

Old 05-29-2009, 05:57 PM
computoman

Default Recipes

Rustico alfredo:

Tools:
Pot big enough to poach chicken and boil fresh pasta.
Large pan for mixing the white sauce
Wooden spoon for mixing.
measuring cup and spoon
pasta fork for extracting pasta out of water.
Rolling pin
Knife for cutting pasta dough (pasta machine not required)

Ingredients:
(fresh pasta)
four eggs
three cups all purpose flour plus some for dusting
olive oil (or vegetable oil)
salt

(Alfredo sauce) adjust for volume of pasta
2 cups heavy cream (condensed milk could be substituted)
1 cup your favorite cheese (.i.e. mozzarella)
1 stick butter
garlic salt
ground pepper
(etc)
1 can good green peas
At least one to two chicken breasts or 1 small can tuna fish (tuna does not need to be poached,)

General method:

Poach the chicken breast until cooked with enough water for later boiling the pasta.
Set aside the chicken in a safe place once cooked.

Combine 4 eggs, 3 cups flour, 1 tablespoon oil,and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
Mix until the sides of bowl are clean. This can be easily done with just a strong spoon and a bit of elbow grease. Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for about 1/2 hour. after the rest, roll out the pasta dough as thin as possible. You may have to cut the dough into 4 parts to make in to several sheets. Once dough is rolled out, dust the sheet on both sides till it is dry and not sticky. Then roll up pasta sheet like a cinnamon roll. Take a knife and cut the roll in 1/4 to 1/2 inch sections.
Reheat poaching water to boiling. While you are waiting for that to happen, separate and unroll all the pasta strips to dry just a bit. When the water is boiling, add salt and then gently put the pasta strips into the water so they do not splash. Let cook for several minutes. It does not take long.

Now go ahead a heat over not high heat 1 stick butter, 2 cups cream, and the cheese until it is one mass. Add a bit of garlic salt it does not take much. Add a generous about of generous pepper but do not empty the container so to speak. mix till blended. Now use the pasta fork to fish out the pasta to put in the sauce. Combine The retrieve chicken and strip into little pieces and add to mixture. Lastly add the can of well drained peas to the mixture and stir till everything is combined. If you cook the pasta in a separate pot, you can you the water that was used to boil the pasta for soups and the like. I like top save items that have to be washed.

Serve the dish. You just saved a boatload of money compared what it would cost at a restaurant.

Note: you could use store bought dried fettucine or similar dried pasta, but it would take longer to cook. You could also get pre-made alfredo suace but it would be very expensive and not as fresh. You could also add mushrooms for a little more flavor diversity.

Last edited by computoman : 05-29-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:33 PM
digital_sin

Default Orange Soda Chicken Teriyaki

This is from Kyra Harmon. This is a super easy and yummy crockpot meal.

1 can orange soda (brand doesn't matter)
1/2 cup soy sauce
4-6 chicken breasts or 8-10 chicken tenders

Put chicken in crockpot. Mix soda and sauce together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. To make a nice gravy, set the chicken aside and dump the left over sauce into a pan and add 1-2 Tbsp. of cornstarch. Stir until thick and bubbly. Serve over rice with chicken. Enjoy!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:33 AM
computoman

Biscuit pizza
August 9, 2009 by fromthepast

This recipe is great for going camping or on a picnic. It is basically just making one biscuit instead of many. You could use biscuits from a tin, but you have to keep those refrigerated.I have even taken powdered milk and made cheese from it so that there was nothing to refrigerate, but that takes awhile and extra pots.

Biscuit Pizza:

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup oil

1 small can tunafish

3/4 cup butter milk. (3/8 cup condensed milk, 3/8 cup water, and 1 tablespoon juice) powdered milk and water could also be used.

3- 6 Tablespoons thick spaghetti sauce ( or small can tomato paste with a bit of tomato juice to just loosen it up and spices)

1 cup or so of you favorite shredded cheese or shred hard cheese on site).

preheat oven to 425 – 450 degrees Farenheit.
mix up all ingredients. it does not have to be perfect but ten, twelve, or so many times stirring with a sturdy spoon to get things combined. put some flour on the work area. Pour out the dough in the work surface. knead or a bit and then flatten and spread out dough to desired pizza thickness. Yes, there will still rise some. Put the dough on a greased a cookie sheet. pinch edge of pizza so that the edges will rise higher to hold sauce and cheese as it melts. Spread sauce on pizza and top. add cheese and tunafish. When oven is ready. put in the pizza and watch kind of close it will cook fairly fast in about ten minutes. Remove the pizza when the edges are brown.

http://fromthepast.wordpress.com/
Old 08-10-2009, 01:34 AM
rabidbadger
Pragernated

Send a message via AIM to rabidbadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_sin View Post
This is from Kyra Harmon. This is a super easy and yummy crockpot meal.

1 can orange soda (brand doesn't matter)
1/2 cup soy sauce
4-6 chicken breasts or 8-10 chicken tenders

Put chicken in crockpot. Mix soda and sauce together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. To make a nice gravy, set the chicken aside and dump the left over sauce into a pan and add 1-2 Tbsp. of cornstarch. Stir until thick and bubbly. Serve over rice with chicken. Enjoy!
Wow, that sounds delicious. Kinda similar to the beerballs I make.

Buy prefab small meatballs, or make your own with fave recipe.

Put in crockpot. Pour in two beers. Add half a bottle of ketchup. crockpot on high until you are too hungry not to eat them.

Alternative...

2 12 oz jars chili sauce
1 32 oz jar grape jelly
1 bag meatballs (about 80 in a bag) or those tiny hotdoggy thangs.

Both are great at grazing parties.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws ~ Plato
"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion"~ Thomas Paine
"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen." ~Mark Twain
Old 08-14-2009, 07:47 AM
computoman

If people knew how easy it is to cook, Half the fast food restaurants would be out of business.

Last edited by computoman : 08-14-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:38 AM
rabidbadger
Pragernated

Quote:
Originally Posted by computoman View Post
If people knew how easy it is to cook, Half the fast food restaurants would be out of business.
No doubt. Cooking is easy. WANTING to cook is the tough part.

Which is why i spend at least once a day each week cooking stuff I can eat all week. IF I get a craving, or a desire not to cook. Well, hey, look in the fridge... plate it up or nuke it. Instant yum. And cheaper, too.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws ~ Plato
"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion"~ Thomas Paine
Old 08-14-2009, 02:38 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
We just moved into a new house and the stove/range is broken. It will cost $300 to get a replacement part to repair the damn thing ... but since we are going to remodel the kitchen as soon as our other house sells, we don't want to spend money on fixing something we will be dumping later (its an older JennAir downdraft stove - state of the art in its day, but not suitable for donation unfortunately because of its age).

So, in our first week we ate takeout - a lot. Most quick meals involve a stove of some sort (unless you like nuking food - but I don't like the resulting texture). No pasta, no pizza (frozen or otherwise).

Our nearest takeout is located in our local WalMart and is a Subway. If we travel a little further afield there is a slew of mediocre chinese places, and a Papa John's Pizza (who I happen to like). But that gets old real fast.

So, we bought an electric skillet. I loved the one I had when I first moved out of home in Australia, but haven't had one in the US. Our "takeout" is now a stirfry.

Today I am doing something different and making a Jambalaya in our slow cooker. It takes a little upfront prep (think of it as time shifting a meal), but at the time it is ready, it is faster than takeout.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:48 AM
computoman

During hurricane Ike we had no power, water, or gas for days. My little rinky dink grill saved the day. I tried to make things that did not need refrigerating to save fuel. Lard can be your friend. Fortunately there was a lot of deadwood from downed trees to help make things easier. Now we know the chuckwagon experience a wee bit too well. Some of the survival training I had from the Boy Scouts as a child sure came in handy. Made for an interesting cuisine.

Last edited by computoman : 08-16-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:11 PM
coverletters

Default Yummy!!!!

what sauce is an alternative for alfredo sauce?

Quote:
Rustico alfredo:

Tools:
Pot big enough to poach chicken and boil fresh pasta.
Large pan for mixing the white sauce
Wooden spoon for mixing.
measuring cup and spoon
pasta fork for extracting pasta out of water.
Rolling pin
Knife for cutting pasta dough (pasta machine not required)

Ingredients:
(fresh pasta)
four eggs
three cups all purpose flour plus some for dusting
olive oil (or vegetable oil)
salt

(Alfredo sauce) adjust for volume of pasta
2 cups heavy cream (condensed milk could be substituted)
1 cup your favorite cheese (.i.e. mozzarella)
1 stick butter
garlic salt
ground pepper
(etc)
1 can good green peas
At least one to two chicken breasts or 1 small can tuna fish (tuna does not need to be poached,)

General method:

Poach the chicken breast until cooked with enough water for later boiling the pasta.
Set aside the chicken in a safe place once cooked.

Combine 4 eggs, 3 cups flour, 1 tablespoon oil,and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
Mix until the sides of bowl are clean. This can be easily done with just a strong spoon and a bit of elbow grease. Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for about 1/2 hour. after the rest, roll out the pasta dough as thin as possible. You may have to cut the dough into 4 parts to make in to several sheets. Once dough is rolled out, dust the sheet on both sides till it is dry and not sticky. Then roll up pasta sheet like a cinnamon roll. Take a knife and cut the roll in 1/4 to 1/2 inch sections.
Reheat poaching water to boiling. While you are waiting for that to happen, separate and unroll all the pasta strips to dry just a bit. When the water is boiling, add salt and then gently put the pasta strips into the water so they do not splash. Let cook for several minutes. It does not take long.

Now go ahead a heat over not high heat 1 stick butter, 2 cups cream, and the cheese until it is one mass. Add a bit of garlic salt it does not take much. Add a generous about of generous pepper but do not empty the container so to speak. mix till blended. Now use the pasta fork to fish out the pasta to put in the sauce. Combine The retrieve chicken and strip into little pieces and add to mixture. Lastly add the can of well drained peas to the mixture and stir till everything is combined. If you cook the pasta in a separate pot, you can you the water that was used to boil the pasta for soups and the like. I like top save items that have to be washed.

Serve the dish. You just saved a boatload of money compared what it would cost at a restaurant.

Note: you could use store bought dried fettucine or similar dried pasta, but it would take longer to cook. You could also get pre-made alfredo suace but it would be very expensive and not as fresh. You could also add mushrooms for a little more flavor diversity.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 PM
rabidbadger
Pragernated

Pesto is always nice. Or a nice vodka sauce. I love a good vodka sauce. (I've never made it, just had it eating out).