Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > General > Politics

Old 12-07-2011, 08:38 PM
zeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by loug002 View Post
And I think your entire post is being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse and that I shouldn't have taken you off of ignore.
My post just pointed out that some of your assertions were apparently influenced by your predisposed point of view and not solely derived from the actual facts.

Besides, what's with you and ignore lists? Are you not aware that is a childish/elitist/rude way of responding?

This is a open debate forum, so you're either willing to debate or you should leave and just open up your own blog that would actually let you decide whether you'll let anyone else respond to your points of view.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:54 AM
loug002

Send a message via AIM to loug002 Send a message via MSN to loug002 Send a message via Yahoo to loug002 Send a message via Skype™ to loug002

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeo View Post
My post just pointed out that some of your assertions were apparently influenced by your predisposed point of view and not solely derived from the actual facts.

Besides, what's with you and ignore lists? Are you not aware that is a childish/elitist/rude way of responding?

This is a open debate forum, so you're either willing to debate or you should leave and just open up your own blog that would actually let you decide whether you'll let anyone else respond to your points of view.
It's alright there in the signature. If you didn't read it, oh well. I gave fair warning.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:03 AM
zeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by loug002 View Post
It's alright there in the signature. If you didn't read it, oh well. I gave fair warning.
Everyone has the choice to ignore another point of view, they just shouldn't be trying to debate anything if that's the way they want it. Least of all an open forum where anyone can respond and often does whether anyone else likes it or not.

Besides, it doesn't change that actually stating you will ignore someone is a childish/elitist/rude response that only serves to fuel others to discount what you have to say.

Last edited by zeo : 12-08-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:27 AM
phatlip
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeo View Post
Everyone has the choice to ignore another point of view, they just shouldn't be trying to debate anything if that's the way they want it. Least of all an open forum where anyone can respond and often does whether anyone else likes it or not.

Besides, it doesn't change that actually stating you will ignore someone is a childish/elitist/rude response that only serves to fuel others to discount what you have to say.
Loug002 and I seem to agree on many things, but he even ignores me. Whenever someone challenges one of his opinions and he's unable to effectively argue his point of view he does this. I'm not sure exactly why he posts here. It defeats the whole point of posting on a web forum. If you somehow make it on his ignore list that he's so proud of, consider it a badge of honor. It means you made the better argument and he has nothing to refute what you just said.

tl;dr- He's not worth your time.

Last edited by phatlip : 12-13-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:12 AM
trunolimit
Elite Member

oh no he didn't.

"Typing google into google will break the internet"
Old 12-20-2011, 09:08 PM
loug002

Send a message via AIM to loug002 Send a message via MSN to loug002 Send a message via Yahoo to loug002 Send a message via Skype™ to loug002

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's fine. What I ignore is people being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse.

You're not arguing points, you're arguing semantics and wording. I didn't put up with it with another forum (in fact no one did/does there) and I won't put up with it here.

If you want to argue actual points with your information backed up, that's fine.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:38 PM
zeo

There is a difference from being obtuse and validly pointing out where your statements are being based on opinionated interpretation and factors you apparently did not consider. Usually such actions are the opposite of being obtuse.

Since obtuse in a debate is to basically ignore what does not fit your conclusion, not pointing out where the reasoning is flawed and showing how another interpretation is more valid.

Basically, not liking a answer has no bearing on it's actual value.