Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Scam School

Old 09-26-2012, 03:38 PM
mystermagic95

Question Prediction Tricks. Any ideas?

I am looking for some prediction magic tricks that will really blow the audience's mind. I have done some smaller tricks like this, but I am looking for one to do like the ones where there is an envelope, or a box hanging from the ceiling, and then at the end of the show there is this insane prediction of whatever happened during the show.

I have also wanted to do the tricks where something vanishes and then appears in an impossible place. If you watch one of the episodes where Brian is performing live and he makes the guys 100 dollar bill burn up after being signed, and the serial number checked, then appears in an envelope that has been in full view from the start of the show. The envelope was still sealed and the bill was inside yet another envelope inside the larger one.

I plan on doing some shows at restaurants and I want to have a trick like this to finish off the show with. If anyone has any ideas, or could help in any way, it would be much appreciated.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:36 PM
fredricconman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystermagic95 View Post
I am looking for some prediction magic tricks that will really blow the audience's mind. I have done some smaller tricks like this, but I am looking for one to do like the ones where there is an envelope, or a box hanging from the ceiling, and then at the end of the show there is this insane prediction of whatever happened during the show.

I have also wanted to do the tricks where something vanishes and then appears in an impossible place. If you watch one of the episodes where Brian is performing live and he makes the guys 100 dollar bill burn up after being signed, and the serial number checked, then appears in an envelope that has been in full view from the start of the show. The envelope was still sealed and the bill was inside yet another envelope inside the larger one.

I plan on doing some shows at restaurants and I want to have a trick like this to finish off the show with. If anyone has any ideas, or could help in any way, it would be much appreciated.
sorry for my bad english , well actually you can check derren brown i forgot the shot title maybe "something wicked bla bla bla" like that. or you can do another way by improving billet tricks by using the billet knife if you ever watch 13th steps to mentalism but performed by richard osterlin..
Old 11-28-2012, 10:05 AM
herrytaillor

I don't think the idea is to bad. There are a lot of better methods to do this but the real problem here is the performer!
You can't do magic with so long sleeves! People will think that them are involved in everything you do!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 AM
markvelthuis

Card forces are great for prediction effects. Brian teaches a few of them on scam school. If you'd rather not use cards, there's the one ahead principle that's also covered by one of the episodes.

Teleportation effects can be quite easy to pull off by making use of a duplicate card. The effect Brian does with the 100 dollar bill is a bit trickier because the bill is signed, has a serial number etc etc. I can think of a few ways he might have pulled it off, but I'm not 100% certain about any of them. Also I don't know if it's apreciated if I went and explained magic effects that aren't covered on scam school. There's an episode where Brian "teleports" a card into his shoe. You can use that same method to make it appear anywhere you like.

Also what herrytaillor said. As soon as spectators have a plausible explanation for how you do a trick, they will be convinced that's how you pulled it off no matter what you say (after all, who's going to trust a magician on his word ? )