Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store


Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > InDigital

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

  #1  
Old 09-26-2007, 05:20 PM
jlouderb's Avatar
jlouderb
CEO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 52
Status: Offline
Default Why we ended InDigital

There’s been a bunch of discussion here about why we’ve ended InDigital, and I just want to set the record straight.

Although InDigital has been a fun show, as Revision3 has grown we’ve realized that the best way to move forward is to have all of our in-house shows produced in our new facilities in San Francisco. We’re building a new studio that will give us tremendous economies of scale and competitive advantage, but it is located here in the bay area (see more on the Revision3 Gazette, and watch the studio being constructed live via our studio cams).

We’ve been clear with Hahn for almost a year that he would need to move to San Francisco to continue working at Revision3, and producing InDigital. Back in July, Hahn decided not to move to San Francisco, and we realized that InDigital could not proceed without Hahn.

Although we considered continuing InDigital in San Francisco, with Jessica Corbin, Wil Wheaton and Patrick Norton, we realized that it would be fairest to Hahn – who created the show – and to our viewers if we developed a new show that included some of the best of InDigital, but was able to chart its own course.

I’m sorry we couldn’t come to an agreement with Hahn, and have him be part of the exciting things we’re doing at Revision3 in San Francisco. He’s a talented video producer and host , and I know he’ll be successful in whatever he does next.

As for us, I encourage all of InDigital’s fans to try Tekzilla, which debuts this Friday at 10am. I think you’ll enjoy the mix of product reviews, technology help and products. Although Hahn’s gone, I know we’ll keep the spirit of InDigital alive inside Tekzilla.

Jim Louderback
CEO, Revision3
  #2  
Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 PM
atom12's Avatar
atom12
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lowell, MA
Posts: 132
Status: Offline
Send a message via AIM to atom12
Default Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlouderb View Post
There’s been a bunch of discussion here about why we’ve ended InDigital, and I just want to set the record straight.

Although InDigital has been a fun show, as Revision3 has grown we’ve realized that the best way to move forward is to have all of our in-house shows produced in our new facilities in San Francisco. We’re building a new studio that will give us tremendous economies of scale and competitive advantage, but it is located here in the bay area (see more on the Revision3 Gazette, and watch the studio being constructed live via our studio cams).

We’ve been clear with Hahn for almost a year that he would need to move to San Francisco to continue working at Revision3, and producing InDigital. Back in July, Hahn decided not to move to San Francisco, and we realized that InDigital could not proceed without Hahn.

Although we considered continuing InDigital in San Francisco, with Jessica Corbin, Wil Wheaton and Patrick Norton, we realized that it would be fairest to Hahn – who created the show – and to our viewers if we developed a new show that included some of the best of InDigital, but was able to chart its own course.

I’m sorry we couldn’t come to an agreement with Hahn, and have him be part of the exciting things we’re doing at Revision3 in San Francisco. He’s a talented video producer and host , and I know he’ll be successful in whatever he does next.

As for us, I encourage all of InDigital’s fans to try Tekzilla, which debuts this Friday at 10am. I think you’ll enjoy the mix of product reviews, technology help and products. Although Hahn’s gone, I know we’ll keep the spirit of InDigital alive inside Tekzilla.

Jim Louderback
CEO, Revision3
Thanks for sharing Jim,

I figured it was much as it was presented, Hahn choosing not to go up to SF. I completely understand the desire to get the show produced in house with all the new cool coming.

I will of course be there with bells on at 10am Friday!

Tekzilla is coming!
...and it's gonna be big.
__________________
"Patrick Norton is MY anti-drug."
  #3  
Old 09-26-2007, 06:08 PM
lindqvist
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 146
Status: Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlouderb View Post
There’s been a bunch of discussion here about why we’ve ended InDigital, and I just want to set the record straight.

Although InDigital has been a fun show, as Revision3 has grown we’ve realized that the best way to move forward is to have all of our in-house shows produced in our new facilities in San Francisco. We’re building a new studio that will give us tremendous economies of scale and competitive advantage, but it is located here in the bay area (see more on the Revision3 Gazette, and watch the studio being constructed live via our studio cams).

We’ve been clear with Hahn for almost a year that he would need to move to San Francisco to continue working at Revision3, and producing InDigital. Back in July, Hahn decided not to move to San Francisco, and we realized that InDigital could not proceed without Hahn.

Although we considered continuing InDigital in San Francisco, with Jessica Corbin, Wil Wheaton and Patrick Norton, we realized that it would be fairest to Hahn – who created the show – and to our viewers if we developed a new show that included some of the best of InDigital, but was able to chart its own course.

I’m sorry we couldn’t come to an agreement with Hahn, and have him be part of the exciting things we’re doing at Revision3 in San Francisco. He’s a talented video producer and host , and I know he’ll be successful in whatever he does next.

As for us, I encourage all of InDigital’s fans to try Tekzilla, which debuts this Friday at 10am. I think you’ll enjoy the mix of product reviews, technology help and products. Although Hahn’s gone, I know we’ll keep the spirit of InDigital alive inside Tekzilla.

Jim Louderback
CEO, Revision3
Thank you, Jim, for responding.

To me, however, it seems weird to, in this day and time, axe what was arguably the best show on Revision3 over the location where it was shot.

Will any other shows see the same fate unless the hosts move to SF?


I don't know if you care, but I just went to Paypal and cancelled my annual Revision3 subscription.

InDigital truly was my main interest, and I just don't see any point in paying for ad supported content for which my interest is more moderate...

I guess that may change in the future, we'll see what happens.
  #4  
Old 09-26-2007, 06:45 PM
camix's Avatar
camix
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20
Status: Offline
Angry Jim Can Kiss My A$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlouderb View Post
There?s been a bunch of discussion here about why we?ve ended InDigital, and I just want to set the record straight.

Although InDigital has been a fun show, as Revision3 has grown we?ve realized that the best way to move forward is to have all of our in-house shows produced in our new facilities in San Francisco. We?re building a new studio that will give us tremendous economies of scale and competitive advantage, but it is located here in the bay area (see more on the Revision3 Gazette, and watch the studio being constructed live via our studio cams).

We?ve been clear with Hahn for almost a year that he would need to move to San Francisco to continue working at Revision3, and producing InDigital. Back in July, Hahn decided not to move to San Francisco, and we realized that InDigital could not proceed without Hahn.

Although we considered continuing InDigital in San Francisco, with Jessica Corbin, Wil Wheaton and Patrick Norton, we realized that it would be fairest to Hahn ? who created the show ? and to our viewers if we developed a new show that included some of the best of InDigital, but was able to chart its own course.

I?m sorry we couldn?t come to an agreement with Hahn, and have him be part of the exciting things we?re doing at Revision3 in San Francisco. He?s a talented video producer and host , and I know he?ll be successful in whatever he does next.

As for us, I encourage all of InDigital?s fans to try Tekzilla, which debuts this Friday at 10am. I think you?ll enjoy the mix of product reviews, technology help and products. Although Hahn?s gone, I know we?ll keep the spirit of InDigital alive inside Tekzilla.

Jim Louderback
CEO, Revision3
Well Jim,

Something that I recently started to notice about Rev3 is quantity vs quality of shows. More and more shows are starting to be produced some good and some bad. InDigital had a chemistry to it that you just don't see in shows too often and shows like that which build up fan bases, like InDigital's, shouldn't be thrown out the door so quickly. I really don't see why this sudden need to produce shows in one locale is so important. Rev3 has been built on shows which aren't all produced in the same location so why does it matter so much now? I really don't understand the need to replace one of the shows that helped make Rev3 what it is today with some other, "newer" show to help fill the, "void" of the other. This is just flat out BS. Rev3 needs to understand it's not the quantity or type of shows that brought me here it's the quality of the shows that brought me here.

InDigital had that magic every show should have and that isn't something you can just replace with another show. Fan bases don't come overnight and rather than cherish a show that helped build this place you simply throw it out and replace it with another. Great shows aren't just conjured out of thin air. It's really sad when the only real show you have that can surpass the 1-2 year mark with a loyal fan base is Diggnation (I love you guys but come on???). Is this what we can expect from Rev3?? Great shows that come and go in less than 2 years??? If this is what Rev3 has to offer you guys better hurry up and sell out because at this rate I really don't see many other shows out there that'll be able to hold you guys up much longer...

Last edited by camix : 09-26-2007 at 06:59 PM.
  #5  
Old 09-26-2007, 06:58 PM
tnvwboy's Avatar
tnvwboy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 754
Status: Offline
Default Thanks Jim

Thanks for coming on and letting us know what is going on.

I'm not surprised at the emotions of the loyalists here but wow people, Rev3 IS a business at the end of the day. It has to make money some how. Sometimes that means making sacrifices.

Let's face it, as much as we all enjoyed InDigital, it wasn't a huge draw, not like Diggnation. Additionally Tekzilla with Patrick at the helm will likely pull at but the most bitter InDigital fans, as well as DL.TV fans and old Screensavers fans.

Now put yourself in Jay and Jim's shoes and ask yourself what you'd do under those circumstances.
__________________
Marc (no longer using TNVWBOY but rather MAJikMARCer)
Website: http://majikmarcer.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/MAJikMARCer
  #6  
Old 09-26-2007, 07:04 PM
cabster21
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 135
Status: Offline
Default

Well it obviously wasn't sudden, if it was decided a year ago...

But there must be more to it, well at least that's what Hahn said in the last episode. It was more than just the case of moving. Oh well, I'm down to two shows now.
  #7  
Old 09-26-2007, 07:07 PM
jlouderb's Avatar
jlouderb
CEO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 52
Status: Offline
Default Thanks for your support

Thanks for being a supporter of Revision3, and i hope we can continue to provide shows you like going forward. I'm sorry to lose you as a member, but we do have some great things coming up.

We're always going to be evaluating shows based on how they fit with Revision3's mission, audience and vision. We'll be launching new shows, reworking existing shows, and cancelling shows for as long as Revision3 exists. That's just part of the business.

jim


Quote:
Originally Posted by lindqvist View Post
Thank you, Jim, for responding.

To me, however, it seems weird to, in this day and time, axe what was arguably the best show on Revision3 over the location where it was shot.

Will any other shows see the same fate unless the hosts move to SF?


I don't know if you care, but I just went to Paypal and cancelled my annual Revision3 subscription.

InDigital truly was my main interest, and I just don't see any point in paying for ad supported content for which my interest is more moderate...

I guess that may change in the future, we'll see what happens.
  #8  
Old 09-26-2007, 07:07 PM
cabster21
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 135
Status: Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVWBOY View Post
Let's face it, as much as we all enjoyed InDigital, it wasn't a huge draw, not like Diggnation. Additionally Tekzilla with Patrick at the helm will likely pull at but the most bitter InDigital fans, as well as DL.TV fans and old Screensavers fans.

Now put yourself in Jay and Jim's shoes and ask yourself what you'd do under those circumstances.
I think that's what most people figured. Although, it was the second most watched show.
  #9  
Old 09-26-2007, 07:15 PM
cheatrz's Avatar
cheatrz
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 38
Status: Offline
Default

I gathered that the reason for the end of the show was because Hahn couldn't move to San Francisco.. but that brought a question to my mind yesterday when the show ended.

The Totally Rad Show is shot in LA isn't it? Are the guys there going to move to San Francisco now, or is there something they're doing different where they can stay in their location without the show getting the chop?
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist.. they'll never expect it back.
  #10  
Old 09-26-2007, 07:15 PM
camix's Avatar
camix
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20
Status: Offline
Default

Yeah it's a business... I guess a good business doesn't need to keep good and reliable products on the shelf. How's a good business supposed to profit if they can't keep a good product around. Now tell me this Jim, who's also gonna invest in a company that can't keep a good product on the shelf???

Last edited by camix : 09-26-2007 at 07:17 PM.
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 PM.

Rev3 Forum RSS


© 2005-2010 Revision3 Corporation