Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > InDigital

Old 09-26-2007, 07:33 PM
darknessgp
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheatRZ View Post
I gathered that the reason for the end of the show was because Hahn couldn't move to San Francisco.. but that brought a question to my mind yesterday when the show ended.

The Totally Rad Show is shot in LA isn't it? Are the guys there going to move to San Francisco now, or is there something they're doing different where they can stay in their location without the show getting the chop?
Except TRS isn't owned by Rev3. It is licensed, so I don't think Rev3 has any say other than they could decide to break agreement with the company that owns it. InDigital is/was owned by Rev3, that is why they can dictate what they want done. This is probably why other shows won't be canceled for not moving.

"Perhaps the reason they haven't been able to make 'gaming TV' work is because they haven't done gaming TV. Maybe if they had 15 total minutes of programming that doesn't treat it's viewership like a a pack slavering mongrel inbreds that think Tommy Tallarico shoving things down his pants is intensive journlism."

-TechTv fan talking about G4
Old 09-26-2007, 07:35 PM
mbrownell-comcast-net

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlouderb View Post
There’s been a bunch of discussion here about why we’ve ended InDigital, and I just want to set the record straight.

Although InDigital has been a fun show, as Revision3 has grown we’ve realized that the best way to move forward is to have all of our in-house shows produced in our new facilities in San Francisco. We’re building a new studio that will give us tremendous economies of scale and competitive advantage, but it is located here in the bay area (see more on the Revision3 Gazette, and watch the studio being constructed live via our studio cams).

We’ve been clear with Hahn for almost a year that he would need to move to San Francisco to continue working at Revision3, and producing InDigital. Back in July, Hahn decided not to move to San Francisco, and we realized that InDigital could not proceed without Hahn.

Although we considered continuing InDigital in San Francisco, with Jessica Corbin, Wil Wheaton and Patrick Norton, we realized that it would be fairest to Hahn – who created the show – and to our viewers if we developed a new show that included some of the best of InDigital, but was able to chart its own course.

I’m sorry we couldn’t come to an agreement with Hahn, and have him be part of the exciting things we’re doing at Revision3 in San Francisco. He’s a talented video producer and host , and I know he’ll be successful in whatever he does next.

As for us, I encourage all of InDigital’s fans to try Tekzilla, which debuts this Friday at 10am. I think you’ll enjoy the mix of product reviews, technology help and products. Although Hahn’s gone, I know we’ll keep the spirit of InDigital alive inside Tekzilla.

Jim Louderback
CEO, Revision3

Jim thanks for the post. I think many people get the impression there was more to it than just Hahn not wanting to move. My personal guess is it was related to control of the show as well. While I do really enjoy some of the shows (Indigital, Diggnation) others really don't live up to the quality of Indigital. I think that was what was surprising to the fans, is that a compromise that would keep Hahn and the show around wasn't made. But of course none of us know what demands or attempts were made, and knowing how business works, we never really will.

Personally I will watch a show with Patrick Norton as I also like him as a host and respect his views, he has good stage presence as well. As for Hahn I wish him well and hope to see him somewhere online as he is a good host. He has that professional but not so polished quality that makes watching him enjoyable.

For me it just sucks that my Sunday morning breakfast won't have Indigital anymore.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:41 PM
cheatrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessgp View Post
Except TRS isn't owned by Rev3. It is licensed, so I don't think Rev3 has any say other than they could decide to break agreement with the company that owns it. InDigital is/was owned by Rev3, that is why they can dictate what they want done. This is probably why other shows won't be canceled for not moving.
Ahh, that makes sense then. I had no idea TRS was owned by someone else.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:19 PM
nathan1313us

Default ITs just what happens..

When you take an old guy like Jim and put him into a new situation. He makes it comfortable for him. This was teh first episode of indigital i watched and I loved it. To bad they are making it similar to Leo's old show call for help. It wasn't in depth or interesting and I just dont see patrick doing a good job at it. I love him on systm but in this format it'll be terrible.

Also if you piss off your host dont let them slam you on the last show and on teh forums this really feels like the begining of the downfall of techtv.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:30 PM
atom12

Send a message via AIM to atom12
Default Sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1313us View Post
When you take an old guy like Jim and put him into a new situation. He makes it comfortable for him. This was teh first episode of indigital i watched and I loved it. To bad they are making it similar to Leo's old show call for help. It wasn't in depth or interesting and I just dont see patrick doing a good job at it. I love him on systm but in this format it'll be terrible.

Also if you piss off your host dont let them slam you on the last show and on teh forums this really feels like the begining of the downfall of techtv.
Sigh...for the record not all Rev3 fans are like this or feel like this .

I liked Hahn too, I liked InDigital as well. But as much as I liked it, there is no way I would consider it the best show on Rev3.

I think what is on the horizon is far more exciting than what has been.

The haters will hate and the Lovers will love... ah well.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:46 PM
baldmonkey

I get the feeling that rev3 screwed Hahn.
Poor taste in putting the trailer for tekzilla at the end.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:53 PM
jmm3388

Send a message via Yahoo to jmm3388
Thumbs down I am sad so sad why did the cancel Indigital

Dear Sir,

I love the shows you are putting out. The integration of the pc and the TV is here.
I watch less and less cable and direct TV and I watch more and more shows on my pc. Please keep going with the themes like indiital had. I love hands on stuff they showed me.

Please keep on some of your greatest talents Jessica Corbin, Wil Wheaton and Patrick Norton.

I will look forward to the new show Tekzilla.

What will be next and thanks

Jim in Boston Ma
Old 09-26-2007, 10:27 PM
optimus

Thumbs down

I do have to agree with the Techzilla advert being a slap in the face to Hahn and inDigital. I tried to shrug it off but it just comes off in really poor taste after Hahn pours his heart out.

Definitely not as excited about this new show, now.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:51 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbles View Post
Another problem is their timing. As of a few days ago I was excited to see a new show on REV3. Now, it will always be looked at by the fans as: "that show that replaced inDigital."
I have a hard time understanding the negative attitude to Tekzilla without anyone having seen it yet.

Give it a chance. You might love it.

Shit happens in the work place all the time - thats what happens in life.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:09 PM
masherscf
Big Daddy Mod

All good things come to an end. It is sad when a love affair expires. I'm sure that all parties involved would have rather found a more amicable solution.

I think it's wrong to characterize "Tekzilla" as the show that replaced "InDigital."

I know the situation leaves a bit of *G4TechTV* taste in ones mouth. But, I don't believe that anyone acted maliciously.

Like any affair, this one seems to have been killed by differing expectations. This happens. We cannot be any more bummed by it than the parties directly involved.

I'll miss "InDigital" here at Revision3. Hahn's a great talent and he'll land on his feet. I won't forget about him. However, that doesn't mean forgetting our other Revision3 friends.

We should all hold hands now...

Tali: I have a shotgun, you know.

- Dialogue from Mass Effect 2