Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Tekzilla

Old 08-08-2011, 06:24 AM
craig-filbert

Default Show Ideas

I like the idea of a show segment based around Dolby Surround Headphones, as I'm intereseted in obtaining a pair and wonder if I should go with the latest Turtle Beach model or should I just keep researching other brands. Would also like to know you guys think of the Epson ex71 projector, I own one and personally I love it for watching movies outside, as well as for some occasional big screen gaming ("Call of Duty: Black Ops" & "Left 4 Dead 2" kick ass on the big screen). Love the show and in case your interested I watch your show on AppleTv.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:18 PM
bigwood

Default Smartstrips

How about looking at smartstrips. Do they save electricity/money? Do they work, i.e. turn on everything on at the same time? Is their power surge/cleaning ability at least as good as the $6.00 ones at Home Depot?

Thanks for the show, always enjoyable.

Dave from Houston, Tex.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:23 PM
bigwood

Default Internet over Power Lines

Guys and Veronica,

Do those adapters that send the WiFi signal through the home's power lines work? Any drawbacks? Is it an option to reduce the number of cables running around the house?

Thanks,
Dave from Houston, TX
Old 08-23-2011, 01:57 PM
rgduarte

Default podcast aggregators

Hello Patrick, Veronica and Robert,

Do you guys have any recommendations for a new podcast aggregator? I currently use Podget to download a couple dozen audio and video podcasts from Revision3, TWIT and the like for later viewing on my Popcorn Hour and syncing with my iPod.

Podget is great - I like it's lightweight design, scheduler and download speed but the developer has all but stopped supporting it. I'd also appreciate something more polished, feature-rich and ideally something I could administer through a browser instead of having to edit text files manually like I now must do with Podget.

I need something that will run as a daemon on my headless, low power mini-ITX Ubuntu server box. This server also does file sharing, music streaming (via Squeezecenter) and remote backup (via Tonido).

Love the show(s).

Ray from Manila, Philippines
Old 09-12-2011, 03:35 PM
michael-dooley

Default Topic to cover.

Maybe you want to do a segment on running browsers from a usb drive. heres the links.

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable
http://portableapps.com/apps/interne...hrome_portable

i think this is a useful tool that many people may not know about, and ive never seen it covered on Tekzilla.

Keep up the great work.
Dooley
lakeland, FL
Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 PM
bluadept

Default I hate to say....

Don't take this the wrong way but Tekzilla is losing it's focus. I always enjoy Tekzilla but recently HD nation has taken over. If I wanted to watch HD nation I would subscribe to it but I don't. Too much information about TV and not enough about tech. Don't get me wrong I like Robert Heron as a host. He brings an energy that is good but I prefer Veronica and we don't get to see her very much any more. I have taken to skipping over the HD nation sections of the show or leaving my computer while it plays. Like I said it just doesn't interest me. If HD nation continues to expand to most of Tekzilla I'll find a different podcast to watch. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:21 PM
harjifangki

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcrapsakes View Post
Patrick, for being an English major, you have a real hard time speaking and getting to a point. (That is if you ever make a point) It's painful for me to listen to you.

The only reason I watch, probably like most people, is because of Veronica.

Not only is Veronica beautiful, she knows how to speak and is actually interesting. I can tell by the looks she gives you, that she is getting tired of you too.

In conclusion; put a thought together. Stop going off on a tangent. GET TO THE POINT!!

This post applies to all of the shows you do, not just Techzilla.
YES!! YESS!!! TOTALLY AGREE WITH THAT!
Maybe they can add subtitle or something, so we can easily understand what Patrick says.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:21 PM
mvautodunn

Default Iphone Preorder not shipped

I'm posting because I'm mad as hell would love if you guys could find out whats going on. I also preordered and was told I could not cancel and they still haven't shipped my Iphone 4s. I found two places this weekend near me that had them INSTOCK! I though preorder was suppose to mean it would be shipped on or before release date not whenever they decide to.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-iPhon...r/td-p/2912303
Old 10-19-2011, 04:42 PM
smeerkaas

I've noticed lately that the video is blown out. Especially noticable on Veronica's face for instance. Pure white patches.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:27 AM
issues

Unhappy Is it me or what?

Is it me or what, Do the shows feel like the are getting shorter and well a bit lame and weak. I loved watch the show, Now not so much and getting to the point of not watching the show any more or anything on Revision 3.

Kevin