Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > GigaOm Show

Old 11-05-2007, 06:46 AM
devilsgorge

Default newteevee.com

I've been watching The GigaOm Show from the beginning and having never given any feedback, I was hoping eventually they would cover internet TV and Video Podcasts. Now I see this NewTeeVee Live conference which is covering everything I am interested in. But unfortunatley I do not have the means to attend the conference. I see they are streaming it live but the registration is $500. That seems like a pretty high price to watch some online video. I work for a Television Production company in Canada, and I want to start producing a Video Podcast. I am trying to raise financing for it through conventional short film models, but it is not looking good. My career choice is one based on passion, so I will do everything I can to make the podcast and risk doing it without any funding. I'm a little bit apprehensive because I have heard making/releasing Video Podcasts can be very expensive. So I guess the most important question I have is, what is the business/financing model for indie Video Podcast creators?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

- Rick
Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsgorge View Post
I've been watching The GigaOm Show from the beginning and having never given any feedback, I was hoping eventually they would cover internet TV and Video Podcasts. Now I see this NewTeeVee Live conference which is covering everything I am interested in. But unfortunatley I do not have the means to attend the conference. I see they are streaming it live but the registration is $500. That seems like a pretty high price to watch some online video. I work for a Television Production company in Canada, and I want to start producing a Video Podcast. I am trying to raise financing for it through conventional short film models, but it is not looking good. My career choice is one based on passion, so I will do everything I can to make the podcast and risk doing it without any funding. I'm a little bit apprehensive because I have heard making/releasing Video Podcasts can be very expensive. So I guess the most important question I have is, what is the business/financing model for indie Video Podcast creators?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

- Rick
You might want to see the Tekzilla episode with Morgan Webb talking about what it took for her to start up her daily video cast.

The secret? Start small and grab some attention ... because you are not going to get the funding you need via conventional means.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
mic

Default Less important suggestions

Quote:
I want to start producing a Video Podcast.
I haven't watched "Systm Episode 4 - How To Podcasting" in a long time, but that might offer some other suggestions.

Last edited by mic : 11-05-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:52 AM
joyce
Ex-Show Host

Quote:
I've been watching The GigaOm Show from the beginning and having never given any feedback, I was hoping eventually they would cover internet TV and Video Podcasts. Now I see this NewTeeVee Live conference which is covering everything I am interested in. But unfortunatley I do not have the means to attend the conference. I see they are streaming it live but the registration is $500. That seems like a pretty high price to watch some online video.
Hey - good news for you The ENTIRE conference will be live streamed for FREE to folks that cannot attend - see, we try to look out for you guys! I think you can watch it here on the day of the event -

http://live.newteevee.com/
Old 11-09-2007, 05:05 AM
devilsgorge

That's rad. I was hoping that was the case, but it was unclear to me on the website. Thanks for clearing that up Joyce.

- Rick