Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > thebroken

Old 01-19-2008, 03:50 AM
mekkel-richards

Default thebroken is officially dead

http://revision3.com/index.php?r3page=showarchive

Gone But Not Forgotten

Take a step back into the past of Revision3 and watch some of the shows that are no longer in production.

thebroken is on the list of dead shows.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:33 AM
shanehensley
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to shanehensley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekkel.Richards View Post
http://revision3.com/index.php?r3page=showarchive

Gone But Not Forgotten

Take a step back into the past of Revision3 and watch some of the shows that are no longer in production.

thebroken is on the list of dead shows.
Though a show isn't currently in production doesn't mean it never would be again. As of now, it's not in active production at this time.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:55 AM
jlouderb
CEO

Default The Broken

Let's say, theoretically, we brought it back. What would you have us do with it? Where could we take it?
Old 01-19-2008, 04:59 AM
baraxis

Send a message via MSN to baraxis Send a message via Skype™ to baraxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlouderb View Post
Let's say, theoretically, we brought it back. What would you have us do with it? Where could we take it?
That's a good point. I loved the show, but there's not a lot you could do... maybe a monthly show, sticking to the "hack n mod" nature of the show.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:05 AM
cooljammer00

the fact is, it's a show that is telling people how to circumvent the law. not really an ok thing to do with a real company now.

shame.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:32 AM
ebar

While it's understandable that a legitimate business may be concerned a show such as "thebroken" could deter ad revenue by alienating potential clients. It's important to remember that revision3 targets the niche market.

Many people are interested in network and computer security. It would be possible to keep the general theme, but expand upon it. The expansion would entail the computer security industry as a whole. The show could do anything from security related news, to example modifications.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:37 AM
kronos6948
Elite Member

I know copying Tech Tv isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I really liked Kevin's old Dark Tips segment on TSS years ago.

There are positives that come from hacking, and I'm sure that there are things that Kevin and Dan can come up with.

Sure, they won't be lifegaming a'la "Freepizza for life", but there are tons of other things that fledgeling tech heads would want to know about the inner workings of just about everything.

Remember, if it wasn't for good hackers, we wouldn't know about exploits before we get any kind of trouble because of them.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:29 PM
skelet0n

They could have a monthly show where they get Kevin or Double_D or a random call in hacker could teach the viewers how to do simple hacking things (SQL Injection,Xss, RFI) then just have a disclaimer that says never do this unless its your own server. I think Kevin would enjoy getting back into the hacking side of things.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:35 PM
maxshanly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlouderb View Post
Jim, simply all you need to do is make sure that it is fun and involves a bit of hackadackery whilst still being relevant. Also go back to basics, keeping some of the old favourites (like Hacking with Ramzi and the theme music and segment introductions) basically, make it a combination of the original thebroken, Kevin's Dark Tips from TSS and the earlier episodes of Systm. You can be as borderline legal as you want as you want, just don't hop over the border like certain Mexican's do.

On the subject of sponsorship, couldn't this show be in part funded by membership fees? I would definitely become a member if it helped fund the show, but I wouldn't want the pleasure of getting it earlier than everyone else because it would it just isn't fair.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else at the moment. But I am sure I'll think of something, when I do, I'll send you a message.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:13 PM
crazymagician000

Send a message via AIM to crazymagician000

I loved thebroken when it was out and even now I sometimes will go back and watch old episodes. I know that this show might give you a bad reputation agetting companies to sponsor it might be hard but I say, bring it back maybe monthly, maybe even every two months if monthly is too much of a hassle, and while its going on, don't advertise it and just don't put it on the front page so only people that now about it now (and reads these forums i shiuld say) can watch it. as funding goes I think it should be funded by memberships because I wouldn't think many companies would support a borderline illegal show.