Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 02-13-2008, 06:32 AM
tuxotaku

Send a message via AIM to tuxotaku Send a message via MSN to tuxotaku Send a message via Skype™ to tuxotaku
Default It haunts my dreams!!!

Okay guys and gals, I've had something eating at me the last few days. So I thought by sharing that maybe it might help.

Normally, scary movies don't scare me in the least, I don't get scared or creeped out in the usual sense....not normally anyway. But there is one thing, one otherwise simple thing, that still haunts me to this very day. That thing is the face of Captain Howdy from The Exorcist...even in typing out his name as I just did. I felt a chill run up my spine. There is nothing else that freaks me out like that damn face. Never saw the Exorcist? or maybe you did and are just confused about what (or whom) I'm talking about. Well, go watch the movie...his face flashes subliminally at you if you pay close enough attention, and it happens more than a few times throughout the movie. I would link to a picture, but it wigs me out so much that I can't bear to see it, as it is, I'm probably going to have nightmares about it now.

Anyway, my ramblings about demonic visages are not without a purpose. What I want to know from you all is, is there something you've seen from a movie that haunts you like Howdy's face haunts me?? and if so, what is it?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:49 AM
MaxTheSilent

Considering it's the greatest movie ever made I'd say that jaw-dropping shot in JAWS where the shark drags the guy off the row-boat.

You just see the shark's head beneath the surface of the water as it comes at him, its mouth closes and the guy is dragged under.

And John Williams' other-wordly, subtle cue during that moment makes it one of the most visceral, chilling moments ever put on screen.

Brrrrrrrrrr!!

Last edited by MaxTheSilent : 02-13-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:47 AM
scoobydiesel
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to scoobydiesel Send a message via MSN to scoobydiesel Send a message via Yahoo to scoobydiesel Send a message via Skype™ to scoobydiesel

The little girl from poltergeist seriously scares me...I know i could think of a few but i dunno to this day kids in horror films still freak me out an it all start from her.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:16 AM
lnknpk04

Damn Zombies...all of them. I fucking hate zombies but I love watching movies with zombies in them.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:37 AM
serenity
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnknpk04 View Post
Damn Zombies...all of them. I fucking hate zombies but I love watching movies with zombies in them.
Omg exactly to the letter what I was going to type, lol.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:13 PM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxOtaku View Post
Normally, scary movies don't scare me in the least, I don't get scared or creeped out in the usual sense....not normally anyway. But there is one thing, one otherwise simple thing, that still haunts me to this very day. That thing is the face of Captain Howdy from The Exorcist...even in typing out his name as I just did. I felt a chill run up my spine. There is nothing else that freaks me out like that damn face. Never saw the Exorcist? or maybe you did and are just confused about what (or whom) I'm talking about. Well, go watch the movie...his face flashes subliminally at you if you pay close enough attention, and it happens more than a few times throughout the movie. I would link to a picture, but it wigs me out so much that I can't bear to see it, as it is, I'm probably going to have nightmares about it now.
Amazing what some white face paint and dentures can achieve. There's a scene in Exorcist 3 that always sends a shiver up my spine...that's the one where the guy comes out of the empty room with those large metal scissor things after the nurse.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY
::shiver::
Old 02-13-2008, 01:21 PM
deegraww
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to deegraww

So when I first read this I thought. What a bunch of babies. Then I really thought about it. and no there are still no movies that got me like that. I will saw that there was a scene in the HBO show Carnivale in the first season. The older sister that was the stripper had done a dance move that she wasn't supposed to do and she gets taken away and killed. At the end of the show the little man that was in charge of the group is looking back at the houses and in the window the girl shows up, she has this look on her face of eternal sadness to make it worse you see a hand grab her around the shoulders and pull her away from the window her face changes from saddness to horror. Wasn't scary just a very powerful shot.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:31 PM
kickarse

Captain Howdy (in case people didn't know like me) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Howdy
Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM
iggystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickarse View Post
Captain Howdy (in case people didn't know like me) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Howdy

Dude, I'm so scared to click that link it isn't even funny! I was scared that when I scrolled down the original post there was going to be a screencap!

Zombies, yes...not that I'm scared of watching zombie movies, but they give the worst nightmares. Probably because we're one toxic spill from creating real zombies. Yeah, zombies haunt my dreams.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM
gglynn00

The only nightmares that I have had recurring recently was from the scene in the book Blackhawk Down where the soldier gets shot between the groin and thigh and it cuts his artery and eventually bleeds out on a table...When I read it, I was over seas in the Army and dreamed about that all of the time...I have never in my life been affected by something as much as that book did...It was just the time and place, any other situation and it would not have affected me as much. Even writing this and thinking about it makes my leg ache!!! So I know what you all mean.

Last edited by gglynn00 : 02-13-2008 at 01:38 PM.