Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Revision3 Gazette

Old 02-28-2008, 12:33 AM
travislopes

Default Episode 15 - St. Louis Diggnation Randomness [Discussion]

Things didn't exactly go as planned for shooting a behind the scenes segment but this episode will at least hold you over until we get a real one.
Watch as we travel to St Louis, run around St Louis, learn some about the gear usually taken on "road shoots" (informative portion), get a look at some clips from the live show that you haven't seen (or have from someone else's camera), and finally, how Kevin deals with being stuck in St Louis on his birthday! This isn't your typical Gazette, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. I think it'll give you a bit of a look at what it's like to travel with these guys. We'll pick up on the viewer input portion on the next one - and again, thanks for your great input and responses so far in the forums - keep it up - we're listening!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:01 AM
ritzcracker

First off, oh my god that was the best episode ever. If this is our first taste of whats to come.. then im very excited.

Glenn, awesome job.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:08 AM
erisar

Hilarious episode. Nice one Glenn.

Kevin, bent over the ground, to Prager: "Don't... hurt me." I'm sorry, but that was just one of the unintentionally funniest things ever to hit the R3G.

Revision3 Wallpapers: 1, 2 Diggnation Wallpapers: 1, 2
Old 02-28-2008, 01:09 AM
xedlos

Best episode in the gazette by far we need more of this

Thanks
Old 02-28-2008, 01:24 AM
nick_brokenwallfilms

Thanks for this Glen. This is easily the best episode of the Gazette. I'm a little embarrassed that your travel kit for Rev3 is better than our standard kit at BWF

Love the equipment though. It was great to nerd out on production equipment in this episode.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:31 AM
whoisscott

Big thanks to Glen for this ep. I think that it was really cool to just see everyone acting like themselves, and the video equipment. I loved some of the camera shots, like when you first entered the hotel, they were more artsy and creative. I also love the more raw style of shoot, it seems more true to what the gazette, initially meant to be.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:38 AM
cerilia

Yeah, best gazette episode yet. I liked how everyone acted like themselves, it also had a bit of thebroken feel to it.

Oh, and Glenn admitted he was a hippie!

Last edited by cerilia : 02-28-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:49 AM
wv1973

Yep I really enjoyed this episode as well, I was half expecting some MTV jackass stunts to start when the guys started climbing stuff.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:55 AM
kyleh

Amazing! I loved it! This and the Sounds and the Fury are my top 2! Enjoyed the random street stuff and the camera gear.

As long as there is a balance of randomness and [slightly more] seriousness, I think the episodes will be great
Old 02-28-2008, 02:15 AM
bolgheri

Default Best Gazette yet...and Here's Why

As I have always told Sarah (and many times she has listened) NOTHING beats candid and true insider information. This epi that Glenn produced is by FAR the best Gazette ever. Why.....It was as real as it gets.

No scripts, no correctness, just people like the rest of us. That is one MAJOR selling point in why Diggnation is so popular. Diggnation isn't at all about the stories, it's about two people that are normal, drinking beer (often), and talking about stuff that they find entertainment in.

When we try too hard, and others see it, well....it sucks. When we go with a feeling and can laugh at ourselves, everyone else laughs with us.

This epi of the Gazette was just that. Glenn got play (just like he did during the live Diggnation event). People care about Glenn. Jim got play (and at one point was surrounded by women) at the live Diggnation, why.... people are interested in the real behind the scenes (business) stuff too.

So if you want a suggestion for additional Gazettes..... take the camera with you everywhere. Meetings, lunch, the drive to work, the office disagreement about what should or shouldn't happen. This will get viewership. And I'm not talking about "reality tv" I'm talking about real life, which is sometimes boring and sometimes not. Record for a week or two, anything and everything. Delete the boring stuff and air everything that you or someone else laughed at.

We'll eat it up!

Glenn..... Good job Brother! This was great.

Last edited by bolgheri : 02-28-2008 at 02:48 AM.