Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Computing > Windows

Old 04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
vanden

Default One click Wep cracker?

Hey I been looking for a wep cracker for any OS.Windows,osx,Linux(as long as in a .deb file)

I just want something where I click once and in a few hours or something it will give me the wep...
Old 04-11-2008, 12:43 PM
tehboris
Elite Member

Do you understand how WEP keys can be broken?
Old 04-11-2008, 02:32 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Easy enough to do if you know what you are doing.
Much easier under *nix than Windows (getting WiFi cards into promiscuous mode is a PITA in Windows).
Recomend you take the approach I did - BackTrack Linux Distro, installed on a bootable USB thumb drive.

To the best of my knowledge there is no "one click cracker". You need to apply a tool chain to find the access points, capture packets, then crack. Its not a fast process. Depending on the amount of traffic at the ap your trying to access, it could take quite awhile to gather enough info to crack the WEP key.

Last edited by tokenuser : 04-11-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:40 PM
tehboris
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenuser View Post
Its not a fast process. Depending on the amount of traffic at the ap your trying to access, it could take quite awhile to gather enough info to crack the WEP key.
If you spoof ARP packets it is much faster. As in it can be done in 5 minuets. This has even more obscure hardware requierments. It at the very minimum needs a card that can perform packet injection.

Ideally you would like one card that can be in promiscuse mode and inject packets at the same time. It can be easier to just get two diffrent wireless adapters, one for sniffing traffic, another for injecting the packets.

Last edited by tehBoris : 04-11-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:56 AM
vanden

I think I seen that disto before....I was watching a podcast called Hak5 a very long time ago...They where talking about how you can crack a wep key faster then you can type it in....

I really only want this cus I just got a ipod touch and up until a few days ago a psp,and my school has wifi but it has a wepkey and no one(not even the teacher) know it...and I thought I can just use there laptop or somthing and get the wep key...

How about this...THe laptop have the wep key right in them.Is there some kind of app that can just pull it up or somthing?...(hope I dont sound to much like a noob...Networking is not my fav feild in tech)
Old 04-13-2008, 01:47 AM
tehboris
Elite Member

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php/topic,4185.0.html
Old 04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
softix

Their is a new one out look for it they call it Fbi live wep cracker something like that im sure you will find it