Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > iFanboy

Old 04-30-2008, 05:33 PM
conorkilpatrick

Default Special Edition Podcast: 'Iron Man'

TRT: 00:25:59

Click here for download info on the Special Edition: Iron Man Podcast. The show can also be found on your podcast feed behind this week's Pick of the Week Podcast.

This is your place to discuss Iron Man! From here on out, if you haven't seen the movie and don't want to be spoiled, do not read any further!

Last edited by ConorKilpatrick : 05-04-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:49 AM
jmstump

Send a message via AIM to jmstump Send a message via MSN to jmstump

I get to see this tomorrow at 8pm. I'm as giddy as school girl!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 AM
poltah
Elite Member

Just saw it, and I'm going to go in guns blazin with spoiler bullets, so watch out.

SPOILERS!!!

I LOVED the first two parts of this movie. They did almost everything right. Downey Jr. is Tony Stark, and I don't want to see anybody else portray that character ever. He's a genius. Terrence Howard was great as well, but Palthrow was bad, especially in the end.

The whole origin thing went extremely well, and they made the armor seem "believable" which was cool. And you can't help smiling when he's flying through the air.

The only week point in the beginning of the movie is the fact that he manages to build what he does without the terrorists noticing, and that he can actually build that energy thing in a fucking cave. But hey, I'll let that slide.

Now, the ending is bad. The end fight is horrible. I don't see why it always has to be a problem in these superhero movies. They always seem to want the hero to "come up with some clever way" of beating the bad guy. And it just never works. I was so disappointed with the way Tony beat Iron Monger. It was lame, it wasn't entertaining to watch. Their fight was dumb, and it just didn't live up to everything else in this movie. And every time the movie cut to Pepper whining I was like "god, shoot her". Lame lame lame.

This is probably one of the best comic book movies out there. It's not as good as Batman Begins, but it's better than all the other in my opinion.

The John Rhodes scene where he looks at the War Machine armor and goes "next time baby!" was probably my favorite thing in that movie. This movie was so aware of it's comic book fans, without being like "well, this one's for the comic readers" and that was awesome. It's probably the one movie that really made me feel good about the term: "Comic book movie". Because this was definitely a comic book movie. It was a comic book trying to be a movie. It wasn't a movie that suffered because it had to live up to a comic. It was a movie that was aware that there was a comic book out there, and had a little fun with that fact.

I didn't thought this would be a good movie, but right I just want to watch the sequel. And since that's not out yet, I guess I just have to watch Iron Man again this weekend.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:37 PM
henrik

I found the movie extremely entertaining. Great CGI, great acting. A bit lackluster at the end but still one of the best comicbook movies out there.
Casting was spot on. Stan Lee as Hugh Hefner!
Stockholm
Sweden (The Land of the Midnight sun...and salty liqourice)
Old 05-02-2008, 03:17 AM
dustcoveredsoul

I loved it. The whole thing through was great for me. People in the early screening actually applauded at several points and it was appropriate every time. I agree that the fight at the end could have been better but I don't know how. Maybe if it was just a balls out fight where he beat the tar out of him would have worked better, but no matter what, someone's going to be disappointed. I loved the last thing. Downey Jr. was fucking brilliant. He lived and breathed Tony Stark. The second they announced that casting I knew it would be genius.

I hope it does well because I'd love to see a sequel.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:59 AM
moron9000

Wink My new favorite?

It has dethroned Spider-Man 2 for best super hero movie for me. Wow, i loved it. And the best part of it, was after the credits, make sure you stay through!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:59 AM
hometeam790

For me the final fight didn't detract from how much I loved the movie. It was really great. Lately with comic book movies the more I think about them, the more I didn't like them as much as when I first walked out of the theaters (X3 and Spiderman 3) But with this one, I really did enjoy it. Loved the Stan Lee cameo and the tease with War-Machine.

Been a long time since I had a good time at the theater watching a movie, but I had a great time at the theater watching this movie. I'd go see it twice.

Flying Heel Productions: Check out the new website, could new shows be coming soon?

"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister."
Old 05-02-2008, 04:01 AM
hometeam790

Quote:
Originally Posted by moron9000 View Post
It has dethroned Spider-Man 2 for best super hero movie for me. Wow, i loved it. And the best part of it, was after the credits, make sure you stay through!
DAMMIT!!!!

But now I have a reason to go see it again

Flying Heel Productions: Check out the new website, could new shows be coming soon?

"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister."
Old 05-02-2008, 04:35 AM
cormano

Send a message via AIM to cormano Send a message via MSN to cormano Send a message via Yahoo to cormano

Quote:
Originally Posted by moron9000 View Post
It has dethroned Spider-Man 2 for best super hero movie for me.
That sets the bar extremely high. Spider-Man 2 is in my top five favorite movies of all time.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:04 AM
dustcoveredsoul

I have to agree. I LOVED Spider-Man 2 but I'm pretty sure I liked Iron Man more. I can't remember the last time I was that exited watching a movie.