You DO NOT like it. 46 51.69%
You'll keep on watching to see how it goes 33 37.08%
I cancel my vote/Don't care 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2008, 04:52 AM
phoenixp3k

Send a message via Skype™ to phoenixp3k
Default Poll: Just rate the show

Now, the comments have been all over the forum and from my perspective it's hard to feel the general idea people have of the show.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:03 PM
ntiwari

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixp3k View Post
Now, the comments have been all over the forum and from my perspective it's hard to feel the general idea people have of the show.
This poll is really helpful. Now, I'd like to know, if you could rate the #1 thing that you would like to change or modify on Social Brew, what would it be?

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

N
Old 05-01-2008, 10:17 PM
ryudo
Elite Member

Undecided yet.
I will give it a couple more eps

Xseed games || Suda51
===================================
PG Games || Cing

Old 05-01-2008, 11:59 PM
z31ftw

I didn't enjoy it but I'm not going to quit on it yet. I'll see how the next few shows go
Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 AM
secret-steve-crumbles
Elite Member

I doubt REV3 is going to listen to a poll that 20+ people voted on, vs. the download count they get from the show.

If you don't like the show, don't download it. REV3 will notice that over a poll.

However, I would much rather see threads about what they could do to improve the show over threads that are obviously set up to make the new show look bad. I think this thread makes some really good points, and sums up some of the issues with the show.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:23 AM
phoenixp3k

Send a message via Skype™ to phoenixp3k

In order to give better feedback I decided to REWATCH the episode (thats dedication right there )

The length is just right, half an hour is pretty good. The set looks pretty good, and I don't mind the occasional sound effects either.

Having the floor director Josh interact with Irene is a pretty good idea, but somehow feels a little bit "scripted". The birthday section is great. It's like a short history lesson. Miss M is a show seller (but it's good that her segment is short and sweet).

The #1 thing I would change would be to have the three co-hosts have cups of coffee like Irene has when interacting with her. When we cut to each of their segments it's ok for them to have their laptops (nice looking thanks to the art on them). But I mean, two laptops on that table, hiding Moujan... Makes a contrast of a crowded area vs Irene with a background of an empty coffee place.

It would also be cool to talk about IM clients, I'm thinking about Digsby that describes itself as IM+Email+Social Network. Whether it's instant messages, text messages, plain old phone or Skype calls there are a bunch of ways to keep in touch and socialize.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:36 AM
tw33k2514

Personally I found the show to be very non engaging. I think the show could use an actual co-host rather than the unenthusiastic "Brew Crew".

Also I do realize that Social networking is a very "in" thing among today's internet users, but over all I don't see how a show like this can go on for too long. At the end of the day there is only so much to talk about in the Social Networking category.

All In all I may be horribly wrong but that is just how I feel. I will say tho that I find the host Irene McGee a perfect fit for this type of show.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:38 AM
ryudo
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixp3k View Post
In order to give better feedback I decided to REWATCH the episode (thats dedication right there )

The length is just right, half an hour is pretty good. The set looks pretty good, and I don't mind the occasional sound effects either.

Having the floor director Josh interact with Irene is a pretty good idea, but somehow feels a little bit "scripted". The birthday section is great. It's like a short history lesson. Miss M is a show seller (but it's good that her segment is short and sweet).

The #1 thing I would change would be to have the three co-hosts have cups of coffee like Irene has when interacting with her. When we cut to each of their segments it's ok for them to have their laptops (nice looking thanks to the art on them). But I mean, two laptops on that table, hiding Moujan... Makes a contrast of a crowded area vs Irene with a background of an empty coffee place.

It would also be cool to talk about IM clients, I'm thinking about Digsby that describes itself as IM+Email+Social Network. Whether it's instant messages, text messages, plain old phone or Skype calls there are a bunch of ways to keep in touch and socialize.
I agree with this post mostly and I would like to add Irene goes on too much about herself and sorta interrupts when she shouldn't.

Xseed games || Suda51
===================================
PG Games || Cing

Old 05-02-2008, 05:14 AM
jordanm85

For me, I will not be watching the show again until Irene is off of it. She is just not right for a revision 3 show, and was honestly a bad host. This show could be so much better with the other 2 girls hosting, but right now it's unwatchable.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:50 AM
rokov
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntiwari View Post
This poll is really helpful. Now, I'd like to know, if you could rate the #1 thing that you would like to change or modify on Social Brew, what would it be?

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

N
Find a new host.