Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Systm

Old 05-21-2008, 05:09 AM
mikec
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG View Post
Julia did a wonderful job, and was very natural in front of the camera.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG View Post
I think it's cute that all of the hardcore DIYers are calling "illegal" and "not tech" on this one. This is more in the spirit of DIY and Systm than some of the other shows they've done.

I found the episode inspiring, but to look up more information. I'd want to learn more about the flavor art, and how to make beer, specifically.

By the way, the only reason it's illegal to make your own is because the government wants to profit off of it. High taxation of commercially sold alcohol started when prohibition was overturned. A people who blindly follow their laws without regard to their intent, good or bad, are sheep, not people.

Taxes on spirits have been around a lot longer then the 1920's. ATF was started in the 1880's.

BTW, a knock on the door from the ATF is not what you want. They make getting a special letter from the RIAA or MPAA look like a fun time.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:53 AM
praveenmarkandu

okay... if no one else is going to say it, i will....Julia is pretty damn hot. i think im in love.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:23 PM
moe29

in doesn't take a chemical engineering degree to know that:

super smart female + super hot female + distillation = PERFECT CO-HOST!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:49 PM
iamstarfox

Thumbs up

It may not have been very techie, but it was a fun episode! It brought back memories of making wine with my parents when I was a kid. I use to spend hours mashing up the grapes in a big 30 gallon clay crock. We'd then squeeze the mash through cheesecloth, add sugar and yeast and transfer the liquid to 5 gallon glass bottles with homemade bubblers attached to the top. We never did any distilling, but we fermented all types of wine... grape, cherry, plum, pear, etc. As a kid, I thought alcohol tasted horrible, so I never drank any(only had a small taste from each batch), but the process was certainly fun.

Kevin M. (aka: iamstarfox)

PS: I've since gotten over my aversion to alcohol. And can't seem to get enough of it now.

PPS: I thought Julia Nolan was great. Smart, cool and cute... The trifecta! I hope to see her on future episodes!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 PM
supergimp

Great episode. Julia was smart and gorgeous. Please have her on again - and with all due respect - request that she wear a similar outfit. Rowr.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:11 PM
gimpbully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafina View Post
There is a device to smoke out of called a bubbler and it's different from a bong. However, it wouldn't surprise me if that name is used to refer to a few different devices.
if anyone's from new england (or maybe just MA), a 'bubbler' is a completely different thing. I think most people call it a water fountain or drinking fountain.
"The importance of Liking Yourself is a notion that fell heavily out of favor in the coptic anti-ego frenzy of the Acid Era -- but nobody guessed, back then, that the experiment might churn up this kind of hangover: a whole subculture of frightened illiterates with no faith in anything."
Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 PM
systemoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergimp View Post
Great episode. Julia was smart and gorgeous. Please have her on again - and with all due respect - request that she wear a similar outfit. Rowr.
This shows how geeky this forum is when there is only three comments about the girl! WTH
Old 05-21-2008, 10:48 PM
dom

Fun episode. As has been said before, Julia needs to come back.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:22 PM
nextgenxbox
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemoe View Post
This shows how geeky this forum is when there is only three comments about the girl! WTH
We know she's an attractive female. What do you want -- every post to say "OMG THE HOTNEZZ!!!1" ?

Don't you think that would make her uncomfortable? Sure, a couple comments will make her feel good... but EVERY post about her looks will then make her feel bad because she was seen only as an attractive object, rather than a smart woman with a great personality who just so happens to be easier on the eyes than Patrick.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:18 AM
tnorm5828

Default Wicked Cool System 51

Just wanted to say episode 51 is great. Nice and in depth and informational piece on making your own alcohol. Would have loved a comparison to the still seen in M.A.S.H. 4077 to what you guys worked with, but that is just cause I'm weird like that.

I wondered also how much something like that sets you back and if brewing all liquors is the same process.

Thanks for the great show Patrick and Julia!

(And to the hormones in the forums... yes girl.... smart... sexy... is good... more please.)

Last edited by tnorm5828 : 05-22-2008 at 12:20 AM.