Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Systm

Old 05-22-2008, 08:13 AM
yoquierogoose

Julia should have her own show. Think of all the interesting experiments you can do with science. Anyone remember the old Mr. Wizard TV show?
Old 05-22-2008, 11:55 PM
nefarious

Great episode, a mate of mine has just got into making his own wine so it's nice to be a bit more clued up on what he does when we talk about it. Hell, once I get a bit of cash for the equipment I may have a go myself.

And yeah, Julia was great, and nice eye candy for the show. Bring her back on whenever, she should be on the screen lots.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:39 AM
rlrobles5

Default bring julia back!

Yup, learning how to distill liquor was great. Learning how to make napalm and other explosive stuf would be fun too.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:25 PM
JDany

Default David Randolph? who?

Sorry David we miss you but to fan the flames we want Julia back
Old 05-25-2008, 03:12 AM
dalesd

Great show.

Moar Julia, please.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:48 PM
deviationer

Anyone else find it a little odd that patrick would host this episode, when in the past (on DL.TV) he said many of times that he is a recovering alcoholic?

Anyways, it was an interesting episode with a beautiful women.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:15 AM
masherscf
Big Daddy Mod

I've been a home brewer for years. I'd like to point out that cane sugar is mostly sucrose and that is a disaccharide. Disaccharides can do some funky things when they ferment. Corn sugar is mostly glucose and ferments into a much more palatable product. All those Busch drinkers can't be wrong.

Now, if cane sugar is all you have. There is an easy process to convert it. It is sometimes called inverted sugar or candy sugar. Anyone familiar with rock candy will know about it.

Now, the thing in the top of the fermenter is called a "fermentation lock." The rubber stopper that it sits in is called a "bung" not a "bong."

Tali: I have a shotgun, you know.

- Dialogue from Mass Effect 2

Last edited by masherscf : 05-27-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 AM
psi3000

Default Water Distiller SAFETY MOD

I have just received one of these units from the big A.com (you should know where that is). The host said that you could smell the vapors of the alcohol, therefor making it a safety hazzard if some source of fire or spark where to arrive. If you will notice when the chemist takes the top apart to show you how to remove the filter, there is a hole in the silver tubbing where the cooling fans end. If you take your hot solder gun and scrap away the anti solder layer (there will be a different shade of silver under it) and put some "LEAD FREE" I used silver solder but regular solder should work fine, this will solve this problem. Not only will this solve a safety concern it will make the process a whole lot more efficient by converting all the alcoholic vapor to a liquid without having most of it escape through this hole. I believe this hole is there specifically for the purpose of classifying this distiller as a distiller and not a still.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:50 PM
monkee13

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviationer View Post
Anyone else find it a little odd that patrick would host this episode, when in the past (on DL.TV) he said many of times that he is a recovering alcoholic?
Two things to say, he mentioned his sobriety in this episode (BTW: congrats and stay strong) and notice he never tasted and didn't even like to smell it. Also who else would host it Dave is gone now (we miss you Dave).

Great show and I love the non-computer based techie episodes.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:30 AM
davmoo
Elite Member

Excellent episode (which I just got around to watching).

To chime in with some of the others, around here in both wine making and beer making circles its called an "air lock" (usually wine makers, and I'm in this group) or "fermentation lock" (usually beer makers). If you call it a bubbler or anything else, you will be looked upon with laughter and amusement, followed by mild annoyance.