Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Tekzilla

Old 06-04-2008, 10:10 PM
samureye
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to samureye
Default Burning Downloaded Shows to DVD

Let's suppose I missed Lost on TV and downloaded it off of the interwebs, how would I burn the .avi to DVD? Anyone with experience in this? Connecting a computer to the TV isn't an option so DVD is the best bet.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:18 PM
smeerkaas

www.doom9.net

Nero Recode is very easy too.

Last edited by Smeerkaas : 06-04-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:48 AM
revalk

Send a message via AIM to revalk Send a message via MSN to revalk Send a message via Skype™ to revalk

I use a program called TPMGEnc and TPMGEnc Author. Basically, the first one encodes the avi's for DVD's (MPEG4 format, and WAV audio). Then the Author program lets you make the nice little menus (really simple), and you pick the encoded files, and it sets up the DVD files. Then you burn them to a DVD, or put them all together as an ISO to share with your friends or whatever you wanna do.

Please not, I'm just saying this for avi's in general. Not highlighting anything illegal (and please, nobody do). I've done it for home videos, avi video files off the net, whatever. I've actually got the process down to about 10 clicks per file.

My Twitter
My Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 06:02 AM
burkhartmj

WinAVI 9 is pretty good. Simple program that allows you to make quick and dirty dvd's [no menu creation system].
Old 06-05-2008, 02:10 PM
megahz

or if you are lazy and dont want to spend the time transcoding everything you download, you can get a DVD player that plays Divx and XViD for about $50. Just burn the .avi and it will read it.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:06 PM
samureye
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to samureye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaHz View Post
or if you are lazy and dont want to spend the time transcoding everything you download, you can get a DVD player that plays Divx and XViD for about $50. Just burn the .avi and it will read it.
Not in the US, so sadly buying something like that costs more due to shipping. Secret_Steve_Crumbles (on the forums) suggested Convert X to DVD and it is PERFECT. It converts and burns....to DVD. Strange, huh? It also does menus, with options based on what are are doing. If you're doing a DVD with a bunch of clips, there's a menu catering to that, and if it's one file, or 4(as was my case) there are options for that.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:07 PM
burkhartmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by samureye View Post
Not in the US, so sadly buying something like that costs more due to shipping. Secret_Steve_Crumbles (on the forums) suggested Convert X to DVD and it is PERFECT. It converts and burns....to DVD. Strange, huh? It also does menus, with options based on what are are doing. If you're doing a DVD with a bunch of clips, there's a menu catering to that, and if it's one file, or 4(as was my case) there are options for that.
sonofa-, I used to use that all the time. Made my friend a bunch of heroes dvd's before the dvd's were out and that program was flippin magnificent. Good to see someone else suggested it since I completely forgot about that program.