Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > thebroken

Old 03-16-2008, 10:29 PM
vandalet

if you have access to a military installation, most "base exchange" stores sell smart card readers for under $20. Not sure if its writes as well, but my PCMCIA one does for sure and it was like $40. There a lot cheaper than they were a few years ago when i was looking into the dish network stuff.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Umbrella in a Bin

Default How to Hack any Swipe Card

Get a USB Swipe Card Reader and it should come with free software which analyses the data from cards you swipe, simply copy this information and then get hold of a second swipe card which you don't need

- Top-Up Cards or blank swipe card packs (25 for about £10 or $20)

.....nuff said
Old 09-14-2008, 09:23 PM
heman1

Can you please let me know if you were able to hack in to your ESD Money Card for your laundry. I am tryin to do the same and any information will be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Old 09-14-2008, 11:45 PM
fogjuice

if anyone has access to a smart card and smart card reader for these smartcity laundry machines, try doing this.

Step 1:
Load your card with $20, do a hex dump.

Step 2:
Save hex dump.

Step 3:
Go do some laundry.

Step 4:
Clear card and then reload saved hex dump from step 2 back onto the card.

Step 5:
Go do some more laundry and see if it still works.

I am not a hacker or anything, I'm not sure if this will even work. I am awaiting my smart card reader in the mail but if someone can do this ahead of time and let me know how it goes than that would be great
Old 09-15-2008, 08:13 PM
maddcamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogJuice View Post
if anyone has access to a smart card and smart card reader for these smartcity laundry machines, try doing this.

Step 1:
Load your card with $20, do a hex dump.

Step 2:
Save hex dump.

Step 3:
Go do some laundry.

Step 4:
Clear card and then reload saved hex dump from step 2 back onto the card.

Step 5:
Go do some more laundry and see if it still works.

I am not a hacker or anything, I'm not sure if this will even work. I am awaiting my smart card reader in the mail but if someone can do this ahead of time and let me know how it goes than that would be great
Hey I have a smart card reader, does anyone know of a program that does a hex dump for a smart card? I just bought a ACS smart card reader and writer and I would like it to work on my laundry smart card. Any help on this would be great, shoot me a message or reply, thanks!
Old 10-02-2008, 12:19 AM
fogjuice

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcamel View Post
Hey I have a smart card reader, does anyone know of a program that does a hex dump for a smart card? I just bought a ACS smart card reader and writer and I would like it to work on my laundry smart card. Any help on this would be great, shoot me a message or reply, thanks!
i'm not sure but if you get it working can you please post how? You will be my saviour! Also, where did you buy your card reader/writer?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:52 AM
maddcamel

I bought my reader and writer from a company in the State of Washington, it was like 40 bucks total. It's a ACS reader and writer. The only problem is there is no software that is easy to use to copy the info. I know it can be done because I have seen a guy on YouTube do it on his laundry card in Germany and he used some sort of linux program to do it. Here is the link where you can go to watch the smart card demonstration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO0HZwdbNmk Follow that link to watch the demonstration on him adding credit to his laundry smart card. So adding credit to your laundary smart card can be done but I don't have the software to do it, I am constantly researching this shit but it seems like people are only making software for smart card cracking for European systems i.e. Funcards. If I find anything I will hit you up, if you get any info post it, thanks!

Quote:
i'm not sure but if you get it working can you please post how? You will be my saviour! Also, where did you buy your card reader/writer?
Old 10-12-2008, 02:52 AM
fogjuice

thanks for the youtube video .

I just received my smartcard reader/writer in the mail yesterday. I am at home for Canadian thanksgiving but when I get back to university I'll be trying to hack my smartcard.

They keep jacking the laundry prices there, it's not right to have to pay $10 to wash my clothes when I could pay $0.50 cents for the same amount of water here at home. If I continue to have to pay this much for laundry, by the time I'm done university I could have bought my own top of the line washer
Old 10-13-2008, 08:45 PM
maddcamel

Glad to hear that you got your smart card reader and writer! It's not getting the hardware that is the problem; the problem is getting the software to do it. I have downloaded tons of software but none of them have worked. I know, I pay a grip to wash my clothes, it's crap. Dude if we keep paying that much to do our clothes we'll both have to take out bigger student loans! I am still researching different software to get this to work, if I come across anything I'll let you know. Good luck and let me know how your doing with your reader and writer!

Quote:
thanks for the youtube video .

I just received my smartcard reader/writer in the mail yesterday. I am at home for Canadian thanksgiving but when I get back to university I'll be trying to hack my smartcard.

They keep jacking the laundry prices there, it's not right to have to pay $10 to wash my clothes when I could pay $0.50 cents for the same amount of water here at home. If I continue to have to pay this much for laundry, by the time I'm done university I could have bought my own top of the line washer
Old 10-14-2008, 12:22 AM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

You guys do realise that this is a dead subject in a dead part of the forum for a show that is dead? Right?

If you want active input from people, I suggest you take this to either the Hak.5 forum, or the Systm forum.