Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Revision3Beta

Old 09-24-2008, 08:48 PM
danana

Wink Bottles, Blends, and Brews --- Drink Ideas!?

Hi friends!

We've barely tipped the iceberg so far on the show----there is such a variety out there.

What would you like to see reviewed on the show?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:26 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Cola Wars ...

No, not Pepsi vs Coca Cola ...

Bottle vs Can vs Soda Fountain (vs Slurpee?) ... also throw in a bottle of Mexican Coke in there as well (sugar based, not corn syrup ... not as sweet).

There is a science to getting the syrup/soda water blend right, and too few restaurants pay it any attention resulting in sub optimal beverages.

If you want to latch onto a cause for your show, this is the one.

Forget global warming or a tanking economy, poorly calibrated soda machines are evil - and the public need to be educated on it.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
rabidbadger
Pragernated

Send a message via AIM to rabidbadger

you should also tour a soda factory, bottling company, maybe...

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws ~ Plato
"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion"~ Thomas Paine
"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen." ~Mark Twain
Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 PM
radzack
rocks the deliciousness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidbadger View Post
you should also tour a soda factory, bottling company, maybe...
We're all over it
Old 09-24-2008, 10:47 PM
rabidbadger
Pragernated

Oh, and ginger ale, ginger beer, ginger anything. Hell, even ginger from Giligans Island. I love all things ginger.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws ~ Plato
"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion"~ Thomas Paine
Old 09-24-2008, 10:50 PM
rabidbadger
Pragernated

also, is there any good "real" lemon/lime soda? I have given up on the famous ones. I LOVE lemon and/or Lime. Key Lime Pie, Lemon Merangue Pie, lemon drops, lemon yoghurt/custard...

but NO lemon/lime soda tastes like lemon at all. Just tastes like a sweet water with a hint of tangishness.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:31 AM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Tips for Badger ... (and Zack)

1. Ginger Beer - Bundaberg Ginger Beer. Brewed in Australia in the heart of Australian sugar cane country. No corn syrup involved. Awesome stuff ... and available at Costplus World Market.
2. French Lemonade - tastes like Australian Solo ... tart, lemony, and nice effervesence to it. Available at Trader Joe's.

BTW - on the Ginger Bear ... downunder, you can get Dark & Stormy ... Bundaberg ginger Bear brewed in the bottle with Bundaberg Rum (square bear). Goes does real well on a hot summer's day.

EDIT: Never mind, no Trader Joes out your way (they are down near NYC though), and no World Market in NY state.

Last edited by tokenuser : 09-25-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:52 AM
rabidbadger
Pragernated

Thanks token. I might be able to find them at Beers of the World here in town. They got a rather large imported soda section at the back of the store.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:45 PM
gyroxide

I think a review of a few Arnold Palmer bottles are necessary. Or even DIY Arnold Palmers? Make it happen!
Old 10-01-2008, 03:31 AM
zabb

There was this British store near my house that used to sell this drink called Irn-Bru, which was very very good. It is a soda that is apparently very populor in scotland, wiki knows all!