Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Diggnation

Old 12-04-2006, 10:42 PM
abjure

Default What about the Zune?

Well a couple weeks ago Kevin was talking about the Zune and said he would tell us more. So two weeks later where is it? I'm curious if I should get a Zune (I'm leaning towards this one anyways) or an iPod.

Its not going to really impact my decision that much but I'm just curious to find out what Alex and Kevin thought about it.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:22 AM
vahnx

Send a message via MSN to vahnx Send a message via Skype™ to vahnx

They didn't really talk about it much. I'm not hearing that much positive feedback. I never owned an MP3 player or media device in my life, but I'd want an IPod the most.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:53 AM
starscream80

iPods are alright!!! I would also like to know some details about the "zune"!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 AM
ryudo
Elite Member

Zune is DRM heavy and flopping badly.

Creative Zen or Ipod..skip Zune
Old 12-05-2006, 11:24 AM
dragonbladev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
Zune is DRM heavy and flopping badly.

Creative Zen or Ipod..skip Zune

its people like you why its flopping badly. i am so against ipod cause it used to be the cool diferent thing when it first started but now everyone who owns a mp3 player has a ipod.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:39 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbles View Post
Wait, so let me get this straight. You're against people who have valid reasons to dislike a product, unlike you who just hates it because it's "popular?"

Did you hate the popular kids in school too? Aww......
I would suspect he also prefers RC Cola over Coke/Pepsi, drives a Yugo rather than a GM/Ford, and watches Betamax tapes.

There is a reason the iPod has cornered the market - because Apple got it right. The Zune might be a success, but don't hate the iPod because Apple got it right.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:46 PM
casework

From what I've heard the Zune isn't anything special. Honestly, I'd go with an iPod. Pretty much everyone I know has one, and I haven't heard any problems from anybody.

And wow, I didn't know people still actually used the argument of popularity about mp3 players...

Last edited by Casework : 12-05-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:59 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

I did a little research online, and discovered that Sony have a great range of portable media players.

They are is DRM free, have removable storage, and some models have wireless audio streaming technology.

Welcome to 1983.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:24 PM
noxdineen

Send a message via Yahoo to noxdineen Send a message via Skype™ to noxdineen

I very recently bought a Creative Zen Vision:M, after reading a ton of reviews of the Zen, iPod and Zune. I'm pretty confident I made the right choice.

The Zen had twice the battery life of the iPod for video (4 hours vs 2 hours), longer battery for audio (something like 16 vs 12). Based on early user reviews the Zune's battery life isn't even as good as the iPod.

The Zune does have the largest screen, but if it craps out on you within a few hours what's the point? The Zen's screen is a decent size and looks fantastic. Also, the Zen works with the broadest range of video types.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:35 PM
ryudo
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbladev View Post
its people like you why its flopping badly. i am so against ipod cause it used to be the cool diferent thing when it first started but now everyone who owns a mp3 player has a ipod.
Where I work at Gamestop we sell them...go read around theweb..Zune is not catching on and we can't sell one to save the store and we are the district leader of all the gamestops in our area..despite signs and displays and a big thing at checkout no one is even curious..we have had it since it launched and sold one Zune..my manager bought that one..I wanted one for a while but after reading about it I finally decided it's MS BS all over again.

I don't own a Ipod nor want one I have an old Dell DJ and I plan to get a Creative Zen to replace it.