Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Geekdrome

Old 12-09-2006, 07:31 PM
shibbiez

Exclamation It's Only The Beginning

Hello, fellow dromies. I'm Tyler, I'm 15, and I never post on the forums, just to busy for it I guess, but I've listened to geekdrome when it didn't have video, and watched it when it did, and I've never missed an episode. A couple days ago, I found that my worst fears had been realized, geekdrome was dead, I felt worse than I had in a long time. You see the drome had become an important part of my life, way back since episode one, I had never seen myself as a geek, but when I was listening to the drome, something clicked, and it all felt right. It gave me a feeling of fulfillment, that there were a lot of other people out there who were like me, I just wasn't looking hard enough. For a while now, I've been fearing that the drome would in fact be cancelled because it was starting to feel more...empty..I'm not quite sure how to describe it. Since I found out, I've been bitter, angry, that something so important to me just got up and left and didn't give me a good reason other than "personal issues". Until I realized, that the drome would never die, as long as those like us exist, it'll be inside of us all, in a form that will be different for all of us. See even without jon or dan, there would still be a drome, they just made it come to the light and harnessed the power of community, and for that I thank them, because they helped me understand its okay to want to, have long conversations about a movie, and enjoy video games, and good comics, and long long disscussions on the "geekiest" of things...anyway...I just wanted to get that off my chest, thanks for reading dromies, really. Oh and Jon, bro, I'm gonna follow you in no matter what you do next, and good luck. Everyone else, keep these forums alive, because now I'll be coming around alot more often now That I've realized how amazing this community truely is.

Thanks,
-Tyler.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:36 PM
briangilmore
ExMOD

Send a message via AIM to briangilmore

awwww, thanks Tyler. Welcome to the drome, buddy. Stay a while.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:35 PM
sugarsickness
Elite Member

*kisses tyler on the cheek*

hay there big boi, it's only 50 for the night. You wanna play with me? ;D

Rob Clough of The Comics Journal even called me an "artist to watch"!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:02 PM
vegasgeek

Send a message via AIM to vegasgeek

Come! know us better man!
Old 12-10-2006, 03:23 AM
dannyt
Show Host

A. Thanks for listening to us back in the day. You must be one of the special 5 people to have somehow stumbled upon us.

B. Thanks for continuing to listen!

C. Thank you for being a part of this community and continuing to help it grow. Everything Jon and I tried to do-- you guys made WORK-- and now you are still making it work and that is ****ing AWESOME!

It certainly feels like good things are happening guys. Jon's doing something new. I think this dromos has a bright future...
Old 12-10-2006, 09:00 AM
satansmagichat

I think... I think I cried a little.

Seriously.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:52 AM
shibbiez

Thanks guys, and come on satansmagichat, I wrote it, and I didn't cry =p
Old 12-10-2006, 10:08 AM
atomusk

Send a message via AIM to atomusk Send a message via Skype™ to atomusk
Talking

welcome new dromie!!! here, u can crash with me, in my cardboard home of homes.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:53 PM
satansmagichat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibbieZ View Post
Thanks guys, and come on satansmagichat, I wrote it, and I didn't cry =p
Hey, don't get the wrong idea now. I'm all about busting heads in with my gigantic whale of a cock, while I'm out mowing down viet cong, smokin my cigar, and throwing back whiskey like Popeye and a can of spinach. If you even start to question my masculinity, I'll shatter your face just from the scent of my testosterone alone. That is, if I'm not too busy tallying up the body count while lying around in my harem of half naked amazonians.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:51 PM
shibbiez

...Whoa. Sorry satan, I had no idea you performed such great acts of badassery. Maybe some day we can venture through nam together and bring home the heads of some foriengers! that'd kick ass.