Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Pilot Shows

Old 05-04-2009, 08:04 PM
phatlip
Elite Member

Default Political Show?

Seriously, when is Revision3 going to do a political show? Take a look at the Politics forum. There definitely seems to be a market for this.

I look forward to seeing one on Rev3.

Last edited by Phatlip : 05-04-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 AM
esophagus

God no. Way too alienating and the discussion would be crazy.

If they could manage to do a general politic news show with absolutely no bias they might be in the clear but then it wouldn't be very enjoyable.

Last edited by esophagus : 05-05-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
boldfire
Elite Member

I think the JV show demonstrated how polarising oppinions probably isn't great for a site like this - plus being from Britain I couldn't give a rats bum what is happening with your politics unless it's an election or something that will affect myself (that sounds selfish, sorry).
Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 PM
krishnancc

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldfire View Post
I think the JV show demonstrated how polarising oppinions probably isn't great for a site like this - plus being from Britain I couldn't give a rats bum what is happening with your politics unless it's an election or something that will affect myself (that sounds selfish, sorry).
many Americans feel the same way about American politics.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:59 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnancc View Post
many Americans feel the same way about American politics.
and that is very very sad
Old 05-06-2009, 10:14 PM
mavrevmatt

Send a message via ICQ to mavrevmatt Send a message via AIM to mavrevmatt Send a message via MSN to mavrevmatt Send a message via Yahoo to mavrevmatt Send a message via Skype™ to mavrevmatt

The problem with JV is not with the show, but rather his response to the criticism. Granted, some posts were in bad taste, but he took it the wrong way, leading to this uproar in the forums and community.

Granted, I think that a political show is a bad step for Revision3 because of the sensitivity of the subject.
Quote:
Old 05-09-2009, 09:48 AM
kzap
Elite Member

Quote:
Agreed but I wouldn't mind the show I just wouldn't watch it that often, I only have ever have a brief glance at US politics, although I probably know more than some voters.
Although I did make myself a promise that at any election (in the UK) I would make sure I knew all the facts and the parties policies before voting, I know it's off topic but I think voting blind is more dangerous than not voting, so a factual politics show might be good at educating people but I don't think any of the Rev3 community need that, they all seem to know quit a bit about politics (the ones I've been speaking to anyway).

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away." - (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Old 05-10-2009, 04:49 AM
quix

Quote:
It doesn't sound very selfish imo. You don't have any say in it and it doesn't affect you terribly directly. It only makes sense if you ask me.

As for the thread topic, I think it might be a bad idea. Unless Rev 3 is able to perfectly balance it, they'll inevitably get called biased one way or the other and I'm not entirely sure how they would balance it. I suppose they could find an eloquent and intelligent liberal to civilly* debate an eloquent and intelligent conservative, but I'm not sure how much of a draw that would have.

*as without civility it would just become Crossfire 2.0

Last edited by Quix : 05-10-2009 at 04:50 AM.