Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > JVs World

Old 05-05-2009, 06:30 AM
klitzy
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to klitzy Send a message via Skype™ to klitzy

I am going to continue listening but I think I have heard enough. I wasn't going to get into this like Phatlip or some of the others did. I didn't hear what exactly what he said. I figured he called the revision3 community "bitches" or what not but wow...after hearing what I have heard...if revision3 keeps this guy on their network...I am done.

Fine. He had a bad episode. We spoke our opinion. He should have come and asked us what to do better. We would have given it to him. But for him to get on his radio show and absolutely verbally abuse the revision3 community and geek culture as a whole is unbelievable and to have revision3 sponsor and advertise this guy on their site....is incredible.

I have emailed the link to David Prager, Jay Adelson, and Kevin Rose. Maybe one of them will give it a listen. Unbelievable. So many other ways that he could have approached this. Bashing the tech community was not the way.

Like I said, I am already on touchy grounds with revision3 and have been....and i wasn't going to get into this...but I have to. This was, and still is, a place for members of the geek/tech/music/drink community to rejoice and I am perfectly glad if it extends into other groups as well but....it should not extend into the arrogant, ignorant, just plain mean group that is "JV's World." Gross.

I have confidence that this will be taken care of...I would hope that Revision3 is kicking themselves for defending him in the beginning. There are so many other great podcasts that lack the hate of this individual. Not just hate...but the arrogance.

What kind of thing is it to say "You are going to hate me for my hott wife?" Are you kidding me right now?

"Not going to give you the time of day." You just did by putting on this little stunt.

That is all. Goodnight and I hope to never hear of "JV" again.

Last edited by Klitzy : 05-05-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:39 AM
rpeterson0910

What strategy to get us to side with him was he using when he called us little bitches? It's not about the quality of the show anymore, it's the fact that Rev3 allows garbage like this into the community.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:35 AM
will_stutler

Send a message via MSN to will_stutler Send a message via Yahoo to will_stutler Send a message via Skype™ to will_stutler

sorry sack of three day old dog shit this guy is.....if he doesn't like it then he can go F his momma and then go F his grandmomma all the way back to the unemployed line

because i sure as hell don't give a flying flip about anyone that gets onto us when he is the new comer

rot in hell man rot in hell for ever and a day
Old 05-05-2009, 11:02 AM
peep

The thing with shock jock shtick is that the whole point of it is that there is no socially acceptable response to it. It is not conducive to open healthy community discussion, which is the only connective element of what revision3 chooses for content. You can't have a respectful public discussion because the jock has to stay in character, so he can never be part of the community, he is a professional troll. It's just a bad fit.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:31 AM
hrvat

I'd slap him in the face if I could since you called me a bitch. Your a loser JV. The problem is there people here aren't your usual type of idiots that would actually listen to you.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:50 PM
mrpopular
Elite Member

Wow i'd be surprised after that if he made it to episode 2.. If he came in positive saying "stick around, give me a chance" But Damn.. This is not professional.

I was totally out to give him a few episodes. like Jlou said a few weeks.. but after this.. I'm done.

But in other news... I can't wait for Film Riot.

Last edited by MrPopular : 05-05-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:13 PM
jackie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrvat View Post
I'd slap him in the face if I could since you called me a bitch. Your a loser JV. The problem is there people here aren't your usual type of idiots that would actually listen to you.
damn... i'm an idiot for enjoying it?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
t2t2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie13 View Post
Seems like a general vibe of this forum...

Seriously, what is it with everyone thinking they (Rev3 management) would stop the show after this. He's just fighting fire with fire, hating with hating, trolling with trolling, offence with offence, text with... well audio so he does 1-up on that.

Now don't get me wrong
  • I'm not from his army (saw this show on Rev3 then watched)
  • I didn't like first episode, but I didn't completely hate it either (in fact I laughed when he was asking people on the street)
  • I didn't know a byte about him before the show

True, it didn't get on the auto-download list on my rss feeds but I'll watch a few more episodes (esp. 3rd, the first in rev3 studio one) and decide if I put it on my auto-download list (eg. Scam school, tekzilla...), download when I want (Systm was close to coming to this list, diggnation might also fall in here soon) or just completely ignore it (Yes, it's an option to not watch it at all, crazy huh? On my list they are XLR8R TV, iFanboy and Pixel Perfect)

In fact more than anything this got me excited for next episodes. Not just to get "I survived JWs world ep 1&2" t-shirt but he seems to be able to defend himself without the fanboy army.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:38 PM
jackie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax1492 View Post
We are not going to play your game, please troll else where.
what exactly does it mean to troll?

i came into this forum to say how i feel... i make sure to read what all of you write so that i know exactly what youre all talking about and understand how all of you feel...

how exactly am i trolling???
Old 05-05-2009, 02:43 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie13 View Post
Nope. Humour is not a universal thing. People find different things funny.

The idiots are the ones who can't respect a different point of view.