Quote:
Originally Posted by -MK- View Post
Wait, what?
I was surprised by his post as well.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:54 AM
gm_wil
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to gm_wil Send a message via MSN to gm_wil

thanks for the non spoilers for the trek . . . can't wait!

I saw wolverine after work today - was ok. I'm gonna have to watch Xmen 3 again because I thought I enjoyed that one more. (x2 being the best) I think what did it was only giving us 3 minutes of Ryan Reynolds - cheap way to throw him on the credits. Waste not having him on more - I was totally expecting the deadpool from the animated Hulk vrs wolverine (was awesome) since Reynolds was doing it. Big let down. Movie felt like a comic that was nothing but two page spreads with nothing in between . . . or the cinematics for the game you guys discussed - sounds fun.

When they couldn't think of the actor who played Bones, anyone else wanna say "Grab yer friend Kelly and run through DeForrest until you hit a tree - that might jog yer memory."

Anyone else think Gambit looked too much like Malcolm McDowell from Clockwork orange? I was distracted by that when he was introduced at the gambling table.

-

Last edited by gm_wil : 05-06-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:48 AM
ourobouros54

I must admit that I was a little disturbed by this weeks intro too. Maybe too heavy? (but who am I to judge after the 'poo storm' of last week)

After hearing the guys review of the Wolverine film I have a bit of a conspiracy theory regarding it.

Picture the scenario:

a) Fox have a 'Summer Blockbuster' that after seeing what a non-action director did they're not too keen on. (Ang Lee's Hulk anyone?)
b) They know that word-of-mouth is crucial for a film like this and they are worried that the film is going to get panned by the fanboys.
c) The STUDIO therefore deliberately leaks an almost final cut onto the internet.

In this scenario the outcome could be positive for the studio in one of two ways:

a) The film doesn't have good box-office figures (as they fear) and they can blame the leak on the poor returns
b) In spite of their fears the fanboys actually like it and word-of-mouth spreads before the official release

I know this is probably crazy, but it's just about plausible. Any thoughts?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:28 AM
geekpulp

Send a message via MSN to geekpulp Send a message via Skype™ to geekpulp

Super excited for star trek! not sure I want to watch the latest TRS until I've seen the movie. Not long to wait mind you, I'm going down to wellington (New Zealand) to watch it this Saturday. I'm a ST geek from way back so its great to see it getting the do over it needs. I hope a larger TV series comes of this too.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:55 AM
babnert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpulp View Post
Super excited for star trek! not sure I want to watch the latest TRS until I've seen the movie. Not long to wait mind you, I'm going down to wellington (New Zealand) to watch it this Saturday. I'm a ST geek from way back so its great to see it getting the do over it needs. I hope a larger TV series comes of this too.
They were really good in their review not to give anything away, id say its safe to watch.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:13 AM
maxhdrm

Ok real quick two issues. 1.) the "quick reply button" is still inserting a quote that needs to be fixed. 2.) the opening gimmick was cool at first but now itsssssss wellllllllllll just plain stupid.

C'mon guys bring back the spoofs. There is plenty of material out there and anyone in here would be willing to throw out some ideas.

Other then that I am about to pee myself at the upcoming star trek. Although I am worried because there was a sneek peek on cable which hinted (along with the line "Captain Kirk WAS a great man, but that was long time ago") that our Romulan baddy is from the future looking for the young (soon to be embassador spock) possibly to squash the peace movement the embassador started on STTNG underground on Romulus.

Time travel scenarios have been done so much this could back fire (awesome fx aside).

Last edited by maxhdrm : 05-06-2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:30 AM
wideawakewesley
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wideawakewesley

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicelikesme View Post
I was surprised by his post as well.
I guess I'm a little more sensitive than the rest of you.

Seriously though, if that was in a movie it'd be R rated. The lack of blood doesn't lessen the impact of someone shooting someone else in cold blood when you're not expecting it. As for the dyslexic joke, it's just a little inconsiderate.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:17 PM
gm_wil
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to gm_wil Send a message via MSN to gm_wil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideawakewesley View Post
I guess I'm a little more sensitive than the rest of you.

Seriously though, if that was in a movie it'd be R rated. The lack of blood doesn't lessen the impact of someone shooting someone else in cold blood when you're not expecting it. As for the dyslexic joke, it's just a little inconsiderate.
The gun play was quite a shock, but when it comes to jokes about A.D.D., Turrets, Dyslexic people, or anything like em it's meant as funny humor - not "those people suck" humor. We see it in comedies all the time and it can't be one of those situations where just the people with those can only make a joke about em. IMO *shrug*

Hell, they've smirked about some "Jew" comments quite a few times with Dan and I'm sure you laughed with them. You should know these guys well enough by now Wes. *slaps ya on the shoulder* How many times have they made "Geek" references or used the word "Nerd" in things?

We all chuckle at everything so if something hits close to home, just remember how many times you laughed when it didn't.

(I'm sure Dan didn't feel bad at the people in the room who laughed when he couldn't drink the tea)

-

Last edited by gm_wil : 05-06-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:55 PM
wideawakewesley
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wideawakewesley

It's one thing to make a joke about something when you're part of that "community", it's another to make a joke at another community's expense imo. It's not a big issue for me, I just had a doubletake when I heard Jeff say it, it didn't sit well with me. Just like making a joke at a another disabilities expense wouldn't.

Anyway, I don't want to make a big deal out of it, just wanted to register my surprise/shock. I certainly don't love Jeff any less because he said it, inappropriate things slip out of everyone's lips sometimes.

Wes
Old 05-06-2009, 04:06 PM
vegan

Poor Jeff can't get a break. If you guys keep this up, he's never going to mention medical or mental conditions ever again!