Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > JVs World

Old 05-18-2009, 10:45 AM
sirpopey

So last week I came on here to speak out about how I thought the show highlighted how out of touch Revision3 was becoming with it's audience. After that JV's podcast responding to the criticisms hit and further cemented my dislike for the show. However Rev3 then released ROFL and I thought that maybe there was hope. Maybe Jim was right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlouderb View Post
This one's just the beginning, the next one will be even better
Well at least I gave it a chance.

I am not a fan of this show and unless something in the title next time round catches my eye I shall not be watching again. I found the humour to be juvenille (not in an admirable way), the topics to be argued poorly and the host to be an unpleasant and crass. I simply did not enjoy it and I find it baffling how it was thought that the existing Rev3 audience would have loved this. Now I know we as the existing audience should simply not watch, it's not as if the entire spectrum of shows should cater to each individual's tastes but I'm just offering my two cents in hope that someone at Revision3 is reading this realising not to go down this route for further shows, it would be a wasted endeavour. I'm in no way calling for JV to be cancelled, I just won't be tuning in. A vertiable loss to any show I'm sure

I think the worst thing that this show has highlighted however, is how distanted Revision3 is from it's audience. At first the company was quite vocal about it's fans with many shows taking in fan content and opinions. But throughout the entire argument surrounding the first episode we had merely a slither of response which I find appaulling for a company who "gets it".
Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 PM
undergroundwire

Thumbs up

JV great job as always. Can't wait for the next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by must_comment View Post
He's going after front desk employees and people on the street instead of getting the people who actually have some kind of say-so. I know this is for comedy but how much more EFFECTIVE and ENGAGING would this show be if he actually cornered an exec.
Uh, then it wouldn't be comedy.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:52 PM
trumpeter617

Send a message via AIM to trumpeter617

I stopped listening to SModcast for 6 minutes for that? Never again.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:19 PM
kzap
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundWire View Post
Uh, then it wouldn't be comedy.
I don't mean offense by this but is it meant to be a comedy show?

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away." - (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Old 05-18-2009, 02:04 PM
undergroundwire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzap View Post
I don't mean offense by this but is it meant to be a comedy show?
Exactly, I was responding to Shouldn't_Comment I mean must_comment. LOL.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:05 PM
boldfire
Elite Member

I think this episode was a definite improvement on last weeks. Still not there for me though. The rolling bit made me laugh, but the rest was a bit like last week which I didn't really enjoy.

The phone call was pretty funny and broke up the 'serious' stuff, but by the end was bordering on sexual harassment.

I don't think the content is for me, so I'll look past that. Regarding the show's look itself the intro sequence is really good, but the framing of the show where you are in the top-left and the rest of the screen is wasted isn't so great. I think it'd work much better if it was full screen.

I'll keep watching for a few more episodes at least and give feedback because I think it could work... I don't know how this show could work in the studio though. It'll just be putting 'lipstick on a pig'.

Last edited by boldfire : 05-18-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:06 PM
undergroundwire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyHustle View Post
After reading THE SAME PEOPLE WITH THE SAME OPINION... Pfffft... No matter what you watched you would have the SAME EXACT OPINION. Just change the channel & go away. (someone actually said it was "Juvenile".. HAHAHA.. Damn you must be old)

As far as the show.. I dont like how these animals are treated either. Throwing food against glass so some retards can watch the lions eat? Just so some little brat can see his teeth?

You know what I would like to see... Throw one of them people paying to see that inside the glass.. Id pay to see the lions eat their ass!
Agree with you 100000000000% on all counts.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:09 PM
undergroundwire

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldfire View Post
but the framing of the show where you are in the top-left and the rest of the screen is wasted isn't so great. I think it'd work much better if it was full screen.
It actually looks beautifull on my 52" Wide-screen TV when I stream it to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldfire View Post
I don't know how this show could work in the studio though. It'll just be putting 'lipstick on a pig'.
You put lipstick on a pig? Use protection. We already have enough cases of the Swine Flu.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 PM
kzap
Elite Member

Quote:
After reading THE SAME PEOPLE WITH THE SAME OPINION... Pfffft... No matter what you watched you would have the SAME EXACT OPINION. Just change the channel & go away. (someone actually said it was "Juvenile".. HAHAHA.. Damn you must be old)
Sorry but people like you were saying to give it another chance and even JV and rev3 said that the second episode was going to be better than the first, so people have a right to comment if they didn't think it was any better.
Shows like this should listen to viewer feedback and try and get better so of course people should be allowed to comment if they didn't think it got better.

Quote:
As far as the show.. I dont like how these animals are treated either. Throwing food against glass so some retards can watch the lions eat? Just so some little brat can see his teeth?

You know what I would like to see... Throw one of them people paying to see that inside the glass.. Id pay to see the lions eat their ass!
No one here disagrees with that but the approach people like you and JV take is the wrong one. Making jokes about lions eating people doesn't help.

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away." - (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Old 05-18-2009, 02:25 PM
boldfire
Elite Member

Quote:
It actually looks beautifull on my 52" Wide-screen TV when I stream it to it.
The size of the screen hardly changes my point, with the way it's framed right now it's using a small portion of the screen real estate and wasting the rest. It is the same ratio of wasted space no matter what size your TV is.

Quote:
You put lipstick on a pig? Use protection. We already have enough cases of the Swine Flu.
Funny fail.

Last edited by boldfire : 05-18-2009 at 02:26 PM.