Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > AppJudgment

Old 08-11-2009, 02:27 PM
fendee1

I am a fan of rev 3 but this is one show I wont be viewing I don't think there will ever be a fair review. Of course a Iphone app will be better. that's like saying OS 10 is better than Ubuntu or open source software. ALL my windows mobile apps very good, fast, stable. but yes i had to mod my Omnia to do it. (and run all at the same time, also free)....
Old 08-11-2009, 03:14 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextgenxbox View Post
It isn't an iphone only show. Honestly it's like people are complaining without watching the show. Patrick mentioned at the start that they would cover iphone, blackberry, android, pre, etc.
I just rewatched the show intro with a more critical eye, and the explicit mention of iPhone, Android, Blackberry ... and Pre (if they ever get apps out) was good, but it does highlight the missing WinMo devices and even Symbian (what? No love for the Nokia?? ... surprised the euro viewers didn't pick up on that immediately).

The intro should be retooled to be all flavours of SmartPhones, but having said that, this doesn't look to be an iPhone only show - and people need to give it a chance before passing a *ahem* PodJudgment *cough*.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:22 AM
phatlip
Elite Member

In my opinion, Windows Mobile is complete junk. But as long as it's a popular on various devices, I think it should still be covered in the show. It only makes sense.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:11 PM
phatlip
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldarney View Post
Boy just look at your avatar. I know, im quote mining.
Nice try. I use Windows Mobile at work and have other times in the past too. It's horrible.

I don't even own an iPhone and use Macs and PC's.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:23 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatlip View Post
Nice try. I use Windows Mobile at work <snip>
I love the delicious irony of that every time I walk into one of those stores
Old 08-23-2009, 04:06 PM
shaitheatery

to make this thread more constructive, how about instead of bickering wether winmo is a good os or not, how about we offer up apps for them to review?

twitter roundup (cetwit, tinytwitter, etc.)
wmwifirouter (turn your phone into a wifi access point, like the mifi)
vtap (youtube and wikipedia search tool)
browser roundup (opera mobile, skyfire, pocket ie, etc.)
plenty of games out there to review

there's a lot of potential for the show makers to review windows mobile apps because there's such a great variety and number of them out there. who knows, maybe at one point they can discuss the whole custom rom scene?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:45 PM
judaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenuser View Post
I just rewatched the show intro with a more critical eye, and the explicit mention of iPhone, Android, Blackberry ... and Pre (if they ever get apps out) was good, but it does highlight the missing WinMo devices and even Symbian (what? No love for the Nokia?? ... surprised the euro viewers didn't pick up on that immediately).

The intro should be retooled to be all flavours of SmartPhones, but having said that, this doesn't look to be an iPhone only show - and people need to give it a chance before passing a *ahem* PodJudgment *cough*.
O dont worrie... some of us Euroviewers picked up on it .
..Seems there is not much luv for Nokia or Sony ericsson so far in this show.

..but have asked for coverage of symbian ...would like to see some Winmobile as well .. I will never ever get/understand the iPhone and the hype around it... .. in my opinion it was behind its time before it was even released ..the new verison does not add much to change that.... happy for the ones that enjoys it,.... great for you guys... but you can do so much more. . and so much better ... again , in my opinion.

Last edited by judaz : 08-24-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:13 PM
fendee1

OK so I watched the app show,regardless of whats on I love all of you but if your getting tech news all day from the top 20 tech sites they all give Iphone apps reviews then i will pass, anyway I have some windows mobile apps to judge . SPB 3.0, M2D, IGO-8 OPERA, SPORTYPAL, OMNIANO, all great apps add don't forget . it has word, excel, and pdf...

once again great show with just a little diversity thrown in sometimes...
Old 09-18-2009, 12:36 AM
whitney391

Default I'd love a Kinoma Play Review!

I've gotten to where I use Kinoma Play most of the time on my Windows Phone. I'd love a review of that. It's gotta be one of the best apps for media out there!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:04 PM
shaitheatery

so, now that the windows mobile app store is live, are we going to see windows mobile apps being reviewed finally?