Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Geekdrome

Old 12-30-2006, 05:07 PM
samureye
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to samureye
Default Help - Geek Movies

Hey all,

Help a geek out, would ya? I've never been big on movies but all of a sudden I've been bitten by the bug. Within in last 36 hours I've taken in the following:

Farce of the Penguins - A funny, though at some times boring movie. A spoof by Full House's Bob Saget of March Of The Penguins.

A Scanner Darkly - One frigging trippy movie. I think I need to take the time out to read the Wikipedia page so I can fully understand what I was watching. It's like, just weird.

Office Space - Okay, people have been talking about this movie for so long, heard about sound boards being made, it's even been used for a commercial for World of Warcraft. I finally got to see it and loved it. I heart Lumbergh, and it was a decent movie, with some good laughs...mmmkay? Grrrreeeaat.

Little Man - Intersting concept, a bit corny, funny at times, lame ending.

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride - Weird Movie, really. That's all to it.

Accepted - Not bad, not bad at all. It was a good time that I had with this movie.

Other DVDs I plan to watch like, soon, are: Snakes on a Plane, Thank You For Smoking, Little Miss Sunshine, and Akeelah and the Bee.

So, I need suggestions for just great movies on DVD that I should see. As of now, the only thing I can think of getting next is Clerks 2 and V for Vendetta. I like comedy, not horrors, and Forrest Gump I think is my favourite movie ever, if that helps with anything.