Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM
soytaco

Well the Taking Woodstock review was sort of ruined by the fact that you thought it was fictitious :-/
Old 09-01-2009, 11:28 PM
snoogans37

Was there a fart sound added in during the movie section? Alex starts laughing afterwards, haha.

Last edited by snoogans37 : 09-01-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:42 PM
hoffa55

Default Re: Easy Gaming

In response to the ease of gaming, as in just watching a cinematic, instead of playing a game,
I have bought dvd compilations of some of the Final Fantasy games. I have played through them,
but I enjoy just watching the story sometimes instead of playing through the game again.

Obviously, it's not the norm, but I like having just the cinematics/game play dvd recording.
(Just the game play that is needed for story sake)

Plus I'm suprised they didn't touch on the "uproar" in the WoW comminity about making the game too easy.
Not that I'm trying to make an argument, but just the fact that it's an ongoing, current, hot topic in the WoW universe.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:48 PM
adriancarter

btw here's the link to the video mentioned about the one button gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHQ6LXpAQSA

My thoughts:
I think I feel the way Jeff does.
It's soo ARRRGGGG! what's the point. No skill, no learning... I don't know how ANYONE can can get satisifaction from that.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:21 AM
ojimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriancarter View Post
btw here's the link to the video mentioned about the one button gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHQ6LXpAQSA

My thoughts:
I think I feel the way Jeff does.
It's soo ARRRGGGG! what's the point. No skill, no learning... I don't know how ANYONE can can get satisifaction from that.
I've been wondering the same about people who cheat in games. The one thing that I've learned is that people do get a kick out of winning with cheats.

My opinion in regards to the Very Easy mode for Bayonetta is that they ought to have just unlocked all the cutscenes from the beginning. It saves these losers or non-gamers the trouble of grinding their controller to oblivion for nothing.

Cool thought: Would be funny to see somebody play the game with a Guitar Hero guitar-controller or Rock Band drumset, assuming the controls correspond.

Finally, The Taking of Woodstock 123 would have been hippiepic.

Last edited by ojimaru : 09-02-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:27 AM
falen

Haha, it was already mentioned about Taking Woodstock being based on a True Story but I thought it was funny that in the trailer playing behind them there was the shot that says "Based on the True Story"
Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 AM
masterevilace

I feel like this is one of the few episodes where all three of the guys got a LOT of sleep before hand. During the entire episode all three were very responsive and always about to interrupt each other. Usually it looks like two of them always zone out while one of them is talking.

Jeff: "SWITCH IT!"... hilarious

The guys talked about lesser gamers wanting to experience the game with the easy mode..
I just want to add in that it doesn't really cheapen the experience for those who beat it on normal or hard, but it does cheapen the experience for those doing the easy mode. A lot of things that draw me in are those hard battles. You try over and over to beat a boss, and that's really what draws you in. You feel how tough the boss is. You won't get that same experience by tapping y repeatedly.
I also have a hard time following intense action unless i'm actually playing. Because when you're playing, you're directing the character, while if you're just watching, you basically have a delayed response for where you need to look, for example.

I can't imagine a mode like this getting used. Nobody would buy a game just to hit A, for sure. If anything they should make it "more challenging".. maybe like quick time events or just loosen the controls up... I don't know. Just tapping one button is kind of ridiculous and somewhat strenuous.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:31 AM
miyazakihayao

I used to play laser tag with those kind of portable guns in the park when I was a kid. It's a lot more fun when you're actually moving around and hiding places (and with more people) than when you're just standing in one spot shooting at each other.

That said it did make me a bit nostalgic. I need to convince my company to do one of those "team building" exercises....
Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 AM
vegan

I was thinking, is there any point in taking cover when the sensor is on your gun? You yourself may be behind cover, but what you're trying to protect is out in the open.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:47 AM
velvetonefusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoogans37 View Post
Was there a fart sound added in during the movie section? Alex starts laughing afterwards, haha.
It looks to me like Alex did that out of the corner of his mouth..and, yeah, he seemed a little too proud of himself for it. lol

Does anyone know where I can get some more info on the Lazer Tag stuff? It looks like the set the gang uses is already discontinued, even though it only came out a year ago, and the only thing available at retail now is just the blasters, without the shotgun and scope attachment? Does that seem to be the case? Does anyone know if Hasbro has any plans to release the attachments separately, or put out a whole new set? Question mark?

Last edited by velvetonefusion : 09-02-2009 at 04:48 AM.