Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Diggnation

Old 10-07-2009, 09:38 AM
brettotte1

Default Episode 223: Kevin's Fancy New Hippie Shoes [Discuss]

Ernie Anastos, keep fu**ing that chicken! Hilarious parody video for Windows 7 launch party, water found officially on the moon, Lily Allen gets attacked for being a pirate DJ, and a billion dollar yacht with an anti-paparazzi shield!

Watch or Download Here

Finally back in rare form and funny. Discuss.

Last edited by tokenuser : 10-07-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: FFS - If you HAVE to be first, link the show, and put in a proper description of the show
Old 10-07-2009, 09:40 AM
brettotte1

Is it just me or do all of us know one guy that cannot frickin' read like Kevin?
Old 10-07-2009, 10:15 AM
ds2600

Definitely laughed a lot during this one. And Glenn looks like a bad ass with the new haircut.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
spanca

Funny show. But it's kind of frustrating when the guys clearly haven't read or even understood a story they're talking about. Lily Allen took down her pro-copyright blog, not a pro-piracy blog from years ago. She had a tantrum and claimed she was quitting the music biz... then announced more shows (like the Big Day Out festivals all around Australia) a couple of days later. She's outrageously hypocritical.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:16 AM
logga

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanca View Post
Funny show. But it's kind of frustrating when the guys clearly haven't read or even understood a story they're talking about. Lily Allen took down her pro-copyright blog, not a pro-piracy blog from years ago. She had a tantrum and claimed she was quitting the music biz... then announced more shows (like the Big Day Out festivals all around Australia) a couple of days later. She's outrageously hypocritical.
Yeah that was seriously annoying me, they got that story completely wrong.

They need to READ stuff before the show.

It rendered the discussion useless.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:51 PM
pm9

Really enjoyed this episode, Alex was on point today.

But seriously, does Kevin know any artist besides Radiohead and NIN? Everytime they talk about music piracy, he always has to reference them and talk about how much better they are then anyother artist because they give it away. And what they both do is awesome, great and I love it, but I'm sorry, both Trent Reznor and Radiohead can headline festivals and sellout stadiums, you think Joe Indie Band sees the same kind of checks when they play to a couple hundred people in a tiny venue. His argument is so stupidly flawed. I really don't see how he thinks he has the right to ask for things for free or they should give it away, even from an successful established artist.

Last edited by pm9 : 10-07-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:38 PM
animatedeath

Very funny episode! I love it when they are all "on" like that.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:10 PM
darknessgp
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm9 View Post
Really enjoyed this episode, Alex was on point today.

But seriously, does Kevin know any artist besides Radiohead and NIN? Everytime they talk about music piracy, he always has to reference them and talk about how much better they are then anyother artist because they give it away. And what they both do is awesome, great and I love it, but I'm sorry, both Trent Reznor and Radiohead can headline festivals and sellout stadiums, you think Joe Indie Band sees the same kind of checks when they play to a couple hundred people in a tiny venue. His argument is so stupidly flawed. I really don't see how he thinks he has the right to ask for things for free or they should give it away, even from an successful established artist.
yea. I think Kevin brings it up because both are vastly different than the other artists, and part of the reason they are different is because they have a massive collection of fans and have previously made tons of money... which I agree, his argument is stupidly flawed. It'd be like if Nintendo decided to give away the next Mario game and then someone applauded them and acting like they were taking a revolutionary step that every company should do.

"Perhaps the reason they haven't been able to make 'gaming TV' work is because they haven't done gaming TV. Maybe if they had 15 total minutes of programming that doesn't treat it's viewership like a a pack slavering mongrel inbreds that think Tommy Tallarico shoving things down his pants is intensive journlism."

-TechTv fan talking about G4
Old 10-07-2009, 05:23 PM
masterq

Love how glenn's name was put over the editor's credits... now maybe people will get it through their thick heads that glenn only shoots the show and does not edit it

Why do you have flies in your freakin house? I noticed this earlier. It's southern California and I have fruit.
You put zombie and you put eerie in the title and I don't wanna do it.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:26 PM
hellhound

eh... a decent episode. Altho the "Fing a chicken" story is 3-4 weeks old now. They also totally missed the reference... the PUN on Frank Perdue's "It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken" slogan.. to wanting to say Plucking a chicken but saying the other word.

I kinda like the Vibrum shoes, but not the "open" model that Kevin has.. I liked the KSO or Flow models.

Last edited by hellhound : 10-07-2009 at 05:27 PM.