Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > AnimeTV

Old 02-11-2010, 06:43 PM
jackierulesall
Miss Webmaster

Default Episode 06: Basilisk [Discussion]

Miley explains what you are likely to hear from an anime cook and the team uses a pizza box to review a favorite, Basilisk.

Watch or download now!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:15 PM
ksboyintx

Loved Miley's Woman of Words segment! MORE PLEASE! Great scenario on when and how to use the words, and way hot......move over Ni Hao Kai-Lan.

Just starting with anime and really enjoy the show, although it feels like walking in on a joke only to hear the punchline.... I have no idea about the Hi-ma segment

really love the reviews, and show vibe, I'd just grab a corner of the couch and listen in............whats sup Laura ....heeeeey Ms. Vee <3 <3 <3
Old 02-11-2010, 09:06 PM
drawkward

Only started watching the series since Revision 3 picked them up so it was a little odd to see the couch filled with- from my perspective- second stringers not even in the intro credits (and my apologies to the guys on panel- IIRC Jenny IS new- because they seemed informed and familiar to the set/format, for all I know they're the founders) so maybe aan intro for you guys at some point? Get the new audience up to speed as it were? (Or a link to the old show?)

re: Miley's segment, I'd like one that deals with oft-heard fighting phrases (whether in action anime, fight game moves, or win/lose quotes from fighting games) and conventions (the whole phenomena of telegraphing moves). Again, I don't know if you've done that before, but just an idea.

Keep up the good work.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:17 PM
animetvroy
Otaku United

Good point, I am glad you are digging the show....

For some reason the Forums are acting really screwy. Bear with us for the time being.

Edit: My problem was fixed, I apologize for it.

Last edited by animetvroy : 02-12-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 PM
sdsviet

Talking

finally a review that was worthy and i cared for it. man this one was much better than the previous. it was way more in depth and im glad the guy on the left (sorry i forgot ur name) starting asking questions so that the other host can chime in on the review. i feel that jenny didnt really say a thing about the show tho. the rest was good. i guess someone read my post rant on here because those spoilers cams were very welcomed. i've already seen it so i didnt have to mute it but it was definitely needed for those who havent seen it.

hima segment was kinda bleh. too short and there wasnt enough talk about what was being watched or read to know enough to care to be interested in. i like when jonathon (i think that's his name) started talking about avatar the last airbender. i didnt like the fact that they all rolled their eyes at him for it tho. avatar is better than 90% of the series that animetv has talked about this season IMO and its american!!!!!! pls dont think something is poop because its american altho i have to say its the only good series of animation that has come out in the last 10 years or so.

i'm really excited for gyver since i've always heard about it and been told to watch it. hopefully no crazy spoilers and if so can there be a countdown clock to it instead of spoiler popping up instantly. gives me time to have my finger ready on the mute button.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 PM
originalglitch

Send a message via AIM to originalglitch

I gotta say this show gets better as it progresses.
Miley segment is a little better. I think the words she brought up this time were a little informative than last time. Last time it was a little mundane to explain otaku, but irashai and sumimasen might be informative to alot of rookies to the fandom.

Nicholas bringing out the pizza box was pretty funny and unxpected. I think he should take it a step further and just do random shit through out the show.(but thats just me)

Jenny probably has something to add to the show, but I can't stand her voice. It's like car coming to a screeching hault. I'm in no way trying to insult her but it does make the show difficult to listen.

But all in all good show.

Watch my nonsense;
http://www.youtube.com/user/takenoutofcontext
www.myspace.com/chibiriot
Old 02-11-2010, 11:11 PM
yokai

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalglitch View Post
Jenny probably has something to add to the show, but I can't stand her voice. It's like car coming to a screeching hault. I'm in no way trying to insult her but it does make the show difficult to listen.
It doesn't necessarily seem like you are trying to, but I think you just did D:

Anyway, good episode. Lot's of different faces / less frequent, which I enjoyed. Hima segment was interesting, even though the shows mentioned weren't exactly my favorite. Lastly, the Japanese word segment, again, would probably be more helpful to others than for me. But that's fine, not everything is centered around me! (I've gone through that phase of high school mentality long long ago.)

It certainly made writing my paper on poetry less boring. But now I have to get back to work. ; ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by animetvroy View Post
For some reason the Forums are acting really screwy. Bear with us for the time being.
How do you mean? o_o

P.S.

Totally agree about the list thing. When I was reading Kana de Hon Chuushingura, I had to make a list to help me study the events which took place in the book, because scenes would frequently change and many characters would be brushed up a bit in development, but really show up more toward the end and you just end up thinking "I remember this name, but what's their relation again?" It's a good study habit, and a good habit to have if you want to really observe the plots movement. It's also a good way of learning to be critical, because sometimes there are shows that don't spend enough time on a certain character or spend way too much time no a specific character than they needed to.

Last edited by yokai : 02-11-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:41 PM
marsmj

Great job again this week! One thing I thought about as I was watching was that sometimes when Nicholas was talking about some of the things that go on in Basilisk you could have added some video. Like when he was talking about the guy with the hair using his pizza box as a prop. Maybe you could think about showing what they're talking about using a small video box. As you can probably tell I have no idea about anything technical. Hopefully you get what I'm saying. I just think it will add a little to the show. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:47 PM
blacksymbiote
Elite Member

Send a message via MSN to blacksymbiote

First off, I thought Nicholas did a GREAT job as the discussion leader and I think he should be in that position much more in the future. Both the Hima and review segments seemed to have a really good flow and pacing to them, and I think that's thanks to him for keeping it on track and moving along.

Also, welcome to the show Jenny. I only started watching since ATV joined Rev3, so I haven't seen you before, but I think I recall someone saying you were in the previous incarnation of the show. Nice to meet you.

A big 'Thank You' to Johnathan for recommending Avatar the Last Airbender! That show is GREAT! Everybody should watch Avatar! You wouldn't expect it to be so good at first, it does have that "Nickelodeon/this is NOT anime" look to it, but give it a chance, just like any other anime. Stick with it for 5-8 episodes or more, and I guarantee you'll be hooked. The fight choreography in this series is easily some of the best choreographed martial arts scenes. Ever. The plot is great and grown up and mature and political at times and yet it has these hilarious comedic elements to it too. The characters are charming and develop well over the series. But all in English, it's an American made show after all, so don't bother looking for subs. It's in it's native language (and probably yours) already. It definitely has a little bit of everything.

Thank you ATV for making a SPOILER! warning for the show. Luckily I've already seen Basilisk, but HOLY CRAP you would have ruined the show for everyone if you didn't have that tag. For future, at least TRY to censor yourselves. The Spoiler warning couldn't cover everything and Johnathan did spoil some things in extremely quick hopefully-no-one-noticed one-liners. If you like the ending of a show, just say you liked the ending. You don't have to go into details on everything. Sometimes being vague is good. If you just give everything away, there will be no intrigue left for the viewers, and a show you liked and want to share with your audience simply won't get watched, because why bother, I already know what's going to happen.

Miley's primary color outfit in "Domo Arigato Miss Yamamoto" is great. Sorry, I was almost an art major, so it stood out to me. Works really well!

The Hosts are doing better. Seemed a bit more natural this time. But what was with the opening to the show? Forgot your lines and then an edit cut to the punch? Yikes!

For Laura I have to say I liked that you had your breakdown of things you liked about the show, and things you didn't like. But thank God for the Spoiler tag popping up well in advance, could've been bad news!

Xbox360 GamerTag = Mr Plan
PSN ID = BlackSymbiote_
Twitter : twitter.com/blacksymbiote

I watch a movie everyday & blog about it! http://www.2guys1movie.com
Old 02-12-2010, 12:03 AM
foshi

Best episode so far. Coherent thoughts and good discussion. Keep it up.