Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > AnimeTV

Old 03-26-2010, 05:19 AM
slagster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingbox View Post
And boo on them trying to make a live action Bleach movie. Hollywood isn't allowed to touch anything from Japan because they Americanize EVERYTHING.
Ha I agree with you on that statement when thinking about how they might pull it off the Dragonball movie comes to mind and man that movie was god awful and not in that campy get plastered and actually enjoy it way.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:51 PM
carlrules097

Quote:
It sounds like Rumiko Takahashi's Mermaid Saga but with Rape and additional gore; so I'll pass on it. But DMC is definitely worth checking out and the live action movie was pretty awesome. Another good live action movie based off an anime (which was based off a manga), is Blood the Last Vampire. They add to the story for the sake of movie length but it's all good and all enjoyable (except for the hokey monsters), but check it out.

And boo on them trying to make a live action Bleach movie. Hollywood isn't allowed to touch anything from Japan because they Americanize EVERYTHING.
If you liked blood the Last Vampire, you should check Casshern: Last Day on Earth and Goemon. They are both made by Kazuaki Kiriya, and they are both fantastic. Personally I liked them much better then Blood just because it reimagines animes in fantastic and clever ways. Instead of being basically shot for shot from the anime.

Movies, Anime, and music galore!-
http://symper.blogspot.com/
Follow me

Last edited by carlrules097 : 03-26-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:48 PM
blacksymbiote
Elite Member

Send a message via MSN to blacksymbiote

For whatever reason that I can't quite place my finger on, I didn't really like the episode. I think it may have been what I preceived as a lack of chemistry between the reviewers. I just got the gut feeling that they didn't get along. They weren't meshing to me. Felt awkward at times. It's probably just me though.

I missed Vee's attractive outfits. Glad to see Bailey back again. Jon's still doing a stellar job.

Xbox360 GamerTag = Mr Plan
PSN ID = BlackSymbiote_
Twitter : twitter.com/blacksymbiote

I watch a movie everyday & blog about it! http://www.2guys1movie.com
Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 PM
xaith

I started watching DMC thanks to the hot red hair chick's recommendation (I just started watching AnimeTV too, so names elude me). It's fucking awesome, exactly the kind of crazy shit I like to watch - and I don't really listen to metal. I can't wait to show this to my crazy metal head cousin.

I managed to procrastinate my university assessments and power through DMC in a day. My only gripe is that it's so short. I just want to watch MORE!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 PM
haruma-sensei

Default You never go Full Roy-Taku!

@Blacksymbiote

I think i know what you mean, it looks like there was a dead lead about them. They seemed to be communicating very differently with three people - it is like they aren't really competing to get their opinion out or final words in. It was a different type of discussion where they all agreed and gave each other ample amount of time to talk and elaborate.

That right there... is boring. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see people argue all the time, but even Siskel and Ebert butted heads and ran interception. Just saying that the chemistry and gelling looks like they are there, it just needs to be rocked violently and maybe add a catalyst and then BOOM bazooka joe.

Roy DAWG, you look haggered DAWG, I think you are pushing yourself to get your submissions done too hard DAWG, you need to sit down and relax DAWG, and maybe you can finish without killing yourself and looking like you have no idea what is going on DAWG!

See what I did there?

Kidding DAWG, lookin back on your posts you used that word alot, but it was hardly used on the show, so it is weird seeing it used now... that tells me you have put on a "minority positive" face when you are on the screen, which is kinda funny because now I picture you being more urban.... which is rather sad because now I get the idea that the Roy we see on the forums or on the show is not the "Real" Otaku. Are you trying to emphasize the fact that you are an Otaku that just happens to be black over the fact that you are a Black Otaku?

I didn't want to bring the race bit in, but it really does look like that face was halfway put on due to you being overworked.... maybe you should try taking it off the next few episodes and see how it feels to go full Roy. Outside of that I can't wait to see your coverage of Fanime, it sounds like you are really excited for it so I hope the footage comes out better than the ALA wrap.

Last edited by haruma-sensei : 03-26-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:35 PM
rdpillz

yo dawg, fo sho.... lol

i enjoyed Kaiji's contribution to the discussion, i can relate to his perspective, whether it be anime or games (except Street Fighter :P)
Also liked Bailey's segment, just wish she'd show us around her neighborhood a little more.

I was surprised that Jonathan wasn't in the review, preoccupied?

Last edited by rdpillz : 03-26-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:27 PM
ksboyintx

Why was Bailey on the all man show and not the lady show? ... I knew she was too hot to believe!!
Old 03-27-2010, 12:46 AM
jonathanatv

Default hahahahah

that last message was great.... the one about bailey. ha haha ha ha

Oh ya miss vee's shirt in that episode was lent to her by me...it was a guy episode so she had to dress like a dude.

Jonathan
ATV GO!
Old 03-27-2010, 01:16 AM
originalglitch

Send a message via AIM to originalglitch

Quote:
The horrors of americanization. Alot of people feared the Akira live action would be retitled "JOE".

Watch my nonsense;
http://www.youtube.com/user/takenoutofcontext
www.myspace.com/chibiriot

Last edited by originalglitch : 03-27-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:19 AM
blacksymbiote
Elite Member

Send a message via MSN to blacksymbiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanatv View Post
that last message was great.... the one about bailey. ha haha ha ha

Oh ya miss vee's shirt in that episode was lent to her by me...it was a guy episode so she had to dress like a dude.

Jonathan
ATV GO!
I accept and LOVE the reasoning! Hahaha. Awesome. I had a funny feeling you had lent it to her. It was so big on her! But that's obvious since you're a big manly type man!

Xbox360 GamerTag = Mr Plan
PSN ID = BlackSymbiote_
Twitter : twitter.com/blacksymbiote

I watch a movie everyday & blog about it! http://www.2guys1movie.com