Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Diggnation

Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 AM
slagster

Quote:
Originally Posted by logant View Post
It was submitted to Digg 6 days ago. It's recent for Digg.
You do know a lot of things get resubmitted to digg constantly yeah?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:29 PM
warped0ne

Default Flash on the iPhone

Do we, as consumers, really think it's ok for Steve Jobs to tell us what we can and cannot use on our phones? If a minority of your consumer base wants to run Flash on their iPhone, then let them figure it out on their own, but when a majority of your consumer base wants Flash, then Mr. Jobs should swallow his friggin pride and give it to them. I've never seen a company that is so intent on not giving their customers what they want that the CEO will flat out tell them, if you don't like it, get one from another company.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:06 PM
leveliv

I think the ep was perfect.

It's good to see Kevin with a different phone, At least he's open to new things like Android. I think it will grow on him. Android is clunky and all that but you know the iPhone was weird too at first then people got used to it. It's just Kevin is comparing everything to the iPhone, People have to stop doing that!!

But all in all, Sweet show...No beer cause Kevin was sick but Hell who cares...Also talk about a new live show..I'm excited I love watching live shows.

Those are the ones that just show you that they can do this forever. They have a lot of fun doing those...as anyone would I would imagine.

Anyways take care all, See you next week :P
Old 05-06-2010, 03:51 PM
logant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slagster View Post
You do know a lot of things get resubmitted to digg constantly yeah?
Yes, I know. Diggnation takes the most popular stories of the week on the site Digg.com, it doesn't matter how old the source is.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:41 PM
silentspyder

Why does it have to be one or the other, like in computer OS's if you just want to get from point a to point b (on the road) without caring about the car, go iPhone. If you like to go under the hood and tweek and go off road (if you choose,) then go Android.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:47 PM
masterq

This was a solid episode. Recent stories, stories that they were passionate about (iphone vs android), 45 minute length. The only thing missing was alcohol. Needs more beer.

Bring back the beer reviews at the beginning of the episode. How else do we get golden classics like "oh dude that tastes like santa claus"

Why do you have flies in your freakin house? I noticed this earlier. It's southern California and I have fruit.
You put zombie and you put eerie in the title and I don't wanna do it.

Last edited by MasterQ : 05-06-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:32 PM
jwrezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunolimit View Post
on top of that there is in software support for re-encoding from m4a to mp3

you can tell kevin hasn't had his phone for too long. I bet a month from now he will be coo-coo for android-puffs when he sees just how much more superior android is. Widgets alone make it better. but I will say I totally agree with the magnifying glass thing but it is a learned habit that he will loose. most android phones have a track wheel so you can pin point where you want the cursor although sometimes the track wheel doesn't work on my phone. on another show thread tokenuser mentioned that iphone OS is better to develop for because it's one OS and one hardware made by the same company. the problem android has is there are a number of flavors and hardware options for it so it's harder for developers.
Exactly. But I'd bet that Kevin won't even give it a chance. Alex maybe, but not Kevin. I was super pissed at the cursor location until I found out that the track-ball (nexus one) moved the cursor PRECISELY where I wanted it. The interface is a bit different. But it's all in getting your hands dirty w/ it. I kept my Treo650 for so long because it could at least do video! The iPhone took 4 tries to finally get that! After NOT wanting an iPhone for so long, and just wanting something better to finally hit the market, we finally have it w/ Android. This coming from an ex, and very frustrated Apple fan boy w/ an old G5 tower, and a newer Intel MBP. I can't stand watching Kevin and his disdain for anything non Apple. Oh, yeah, that very simple Power Control Widget! Idiots, learn about the phone a bit before opening your uninformed traps.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:52 PM
xfuuey
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven4320 View Post
yeah... these two should not be reviewing phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticfox View Post
I wish Kevin would stop gobbling on Steve Jobs rooster, its getting very boring, we get it you love Apple/iPhone it doesnt mean Android is crap just because you are too stupid to work it and like the dumbed down experience you get with iPhone.
haha. well said!

Last edited by xfuuey : 05-07-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:23 PM
lokken

It was extremely annoying to hear Kevin attempt to explain why Apple is restricting developers to using their tools and only their tools.

His explanation was completely off base and wrong.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 PM
logant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
It was extremely annoying to hear Kevin attempt to explain why Apple is restricting developers to using their tools and only their tools.

His explanation was completely off base and wrong.
What exactly was off base and wrong? I'm honestly asking.

You should read this. http://daringfireball.net/2010/04/wh...ed_section_331