Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > AppJudgment

Old 05-24-2010, 04:28 PM
marilee
Revision3 Creative Director

Default Episode 157 - Browse the web with video using Skyfire for Android! [Discussion]

Want to use a different web browser? You don't have to use the default web browser that your phone shipped with. Ron Richard shows you the free Skyfire app for Android!

Watch or download this episode now!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:20 PM
omikron

Talking Cool!

After watching the Google I/O conference I am becoming more tempted to go with an android powered phone, this browser just became another reason.

I actually like the fact that it plays the flash videos in a separate player. this keeps videos and ads that autoplay from slowing down my web browsing. Apple should have just implemented flash this way on the iPhone. Speaking of apple, I don't like the whole pages view that was ripped from Safari, I really like the way opera handles tabs with a small bar at the bottom that doesn't take me away from the page I am currently viewing.

Good thorough review Ron, and another reason for me to consider going Android. My ATT contract is up in December, so I am going to wait until then and see what Android powered phones are offered like the Nexus Two and how they stack up against the iPhone 4G and possibly Windows Phone 7 Series.