Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > GeekBeat.TV

Old 06-29-2010, 06:43 AM
davmoo
Elite Member

I really don't care for a white background. But other than that I enjoyed the first episode. I hope to enjoy a few hundred more
Old 06-29-2010, 07:13 AM
dj_shawn

Thumbs up Love the show!

Love the new show Cali!... After watching all my other daily netcasts Rev3 finnaly posted your show since I wanted to watch it streaming on my home theater PC while sitting back on the couch *But of course I allready have the new show subscribed in my iTunes. I loved and watched all the GeekBrief shows and really happy that Rev3 is hosting the new GeekBeat! I just can't think how boring the day would be without my daily dose of Cali Lewis keeping us all in the know with that with that sweet smile and face and of course the famous "BYE!" at the end. Anyways, I just signed up to Rev3's forums so sorry for the misspelled words, etc... Laying it bed on my iPhone 3Gs and just had to drop a quik hello and say I love the new show! *The only thing so far I do miss bit can live with is the better backgrounds and animations green screened in at GeekBrief, but this is not really a big deal but since you asked, just wanted to mention it Keep up the great work and looking forward to continue seeing you on your new show GeekBeatTV love it!... BYE lol.. DJ Shawn
I'll have an avatar up as soon as I get on my main computers, kinda hard to add on from the iPhone.. Rock On!

Last edited by masherscf : 06-29-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: please add personal blog links to you sig... thanks.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:12 AM
s0ldier93

Default I like it.

Great Show!! The camera moved allot, but it was not an overkill. Can't wait for the next one.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:54 PM
calilewis

@werewolves Don't blame Rev3 for the lighting, blame me! We're actually shooting this out of our studio in Dallas. Since we changed the style, we changed the lighting a bit to accomodate, but we know not enough. Working on it!

@willydavidk You can either post comments here or at www.geekbeat.tv. Not sure you saw that, so just want to make sure you're aware!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:10 PM
mrgutts

So where can we place all the new Bacon posts at?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
tornadojoe

Default Cali on Revision 3!

Glad to see you continue what was started with GeekBrief. Enjoyed the first episode. Not much to say yet as I am sure you have lots of ideas and tweaks already in mind. For those that think 5 minutes is too long I have to disagree. 5-6 minute is perfect for me to get my tech fix without it having to feel so rushed that I don't get much information about the days topics.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to watching more.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:40 PM
iiinomadiii

Default New format, same charming Cali!

Hey! Ive been an avid watcher of both Geekbrief and other shows like diggnation or TWIT, so different formats aren't as important to me as content and personality.

The ad supported nature of what you do is a given (and since I hear about squarespace all the time in these outlets and my old geocities page is kaput am actually considering them.. adverts actually work?!) and while Revision3's ad style is a tad more heavy handed, s'ok, we understand. :-)

OK so here's my suggestions:
1. I would love to see your personal touches (backgrounds, t-shirts) back in
2. Are they making you stand the whole time?
3. Your show length is shorter than others on Revision3 so new converts will want more
*Especially if we only get you M/T/W!! :-(
4. Why is your new logo a dude with one eyebrow raised? I know a lot of effort and time went into creating it, but it seems a tad too masculine to represent you.

These are nit-picky observations and your show is already a huge success, as demonstrated by the stats. The reason we watch the show is for your personality and delivery and once you settle into this new venue, it'll only serve to widen your audience. We already knew you were "upbeat happy-shiny" and now we know you are resilient and resourceful as well. Thanks Cali!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:49 AM
anothertruth

Wasn't quite sure what to expect from your show but I really enjoyed it!

*Subscribed!*
Old 06-30-2010, 05:24 AM
calilewis

iiinomadiii: Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated!

I want to be clear about one thing, as I've gotten a couple questions about it. Revision3 isn't "making me" do anything. I chose to stand up because we thought it would offer more fluidity.

We're doing the show from Dallas still, but I'll be heading out to San Francisco a lot more (and New York and LA, etc).
Old 06-30-2010, 05:51 AM
alienspaces

Smile Stand Up

I think it's great that you're standing up now

Well done, I love the new show!