Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > AnimeTV

Old 04-01-2010, 09:36 AM
jackierulesall
Miss Webmaster

Default Episode 13: Eureka Seven [Discussion]

Underexposed covers Appleseed, our panel reviews Eureka Seven, and who would win... Goku versus Superman?

Watch or download now!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:16 AM
xzarida

O superman would win goku has millions of weaknesses superman has 1. But i really liked how you put my favorite anime on . And you guy didnt seem to hate it.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:54 AM
zendor

Have to say it was a rather good show, but I still can't stand the weird pronunciation of eureka... it's eureka, not e-u-reka... and yes I do know it's part of the show, it just bugs me for some reason xD
And I have seen the show and the movie. The series had its moments but it's not really my thing (hence I don't really like it) and the movie was just boring.

Anyhow, Darker than Black. Awesome show but to give the good people some correct info; the second season is called "Darker than Black: Gemini of the Meteor" and it ended in December last year. The second season is also not as good as the first one... you have been warned :P

Also Appleseed? It might just be that I'm a bit of an old school in the anime world but I've never thought that Appleseed was "underexposed". Not that I mind it getting some more attention, we need to keep the old stuff alive. Which reminds me, where do you wanna have our suggestion for "underexposed"? I've got tons of stuff to recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzarida View Post
O superman would win goku has millions of weaknesses superman has 1.
The S-man has more than one weakness xD
He have like two...
Old 04-01-2010, 02:19 PM
earthforkeeps

Default Superman vs Goku

didn't Goku absorb the Dragon balls at the end of GT? And wouldn't that make him magical?
but I still believe superman would win.

Last edited by earthforkeeps : 04-01-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:28 PM
ssj2_goha

Angry

GOKU!
Thats all I have to say I'm not going to type out my reasons because I have limited time.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:32 PM
vpr

I hate both, so I'd hope they'd kill each other and rid us of the filth. I haven't watched the episode yet.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:42 PM
jonathanatv

Default underexposed

You can go ahead and post them right here for now since I'm checking this forum daily.

Jonathan
ATV GO
Old 04-01-2010, 05:48 PM
ksboyintx

I think Superman has proven his ability to stop projectile weaponry. It appears he spends a significant amount of time dodging and avoiding distress. Goku seems to use his body to stop the ground, and has a propensity to find conflict. I think it comes down to bone density and blunt force trauma. Steel is still mailable.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
katon

This movie, It's among my favorites. I've written a friggin' analysis on the thing, so I'm really pumped that you guys reviewed this one.

One thing to say about Eureka Seven, it is NOT a reimagining of the original series. I know it's a super-technicality to point out and it doesn't really matter at all, but it's kind of important to point out that it isn't. The movie serves as a literal alternate/parallel universe to the TV series, which, for reasons in the movie, I think it works phenomenally well as that. The motivations of Holland and the Gekko crew are to use the EIZO/IMAGE to recreate their world into that world from the TV series. You see the world from the TV series (you can tell because you see the friggin' heart carved in the moon) in the movie, in the scene where the Children of Neverland are flying through the vortex during the Agony of Doha incident. The movie does exist in the same... sort of existance as the show, just in a different, parallel reality. The Ageha myth that the Gekko crew followed was the story of the original series (but with peter pan names i guess) to the letter, and it became sort of a cultish thing for them, to recreate that legend. How that story just so happened to make it's way to this universe, who knows, who really cares.

The theme of the movie is that you can't recreate legends and myths and expect them to solve your problems, like Holland and co. wanted to. That theme is riddled throughout the movie, and not only serves as a message to the characters in the movie, but to the viewers who are attached to the characters from the show in comparison to their movie counterparts. The reason some of the characters are so drastically different is to drive that theme home. I personally think it works very well. So many people dislike the movie because of what they did to the characters, when they don't quite realize the theme of the movie is and how it's directed to them.

Reused footage, totally lame, but KIIIIND OF understandable due to the state of the industry. Still a huge downer. And I definitely agree with you guys that an extra 30 minutes would make it a much less exhausting ride. This movie is very demanding in that you can't stop paying attention for a second, which is lame because the movie has some pretty unentertaining ways of serving you all that information sometimes with its large infodump sections. It totally drags the film down.

I can't say it's a movie for everybody. A lot of people say that you shouldn't watch it unless you've seen the show, some say you shouldn't watch it if you HAVE seen the show, but I don't think it matters. If you're willing to pay attention to what this movie has to offer, you're in for a really heartrending story, and one of my absolute favorites to this day, that being BECAUSE of it's relation to the original series. I recommend it, but only to those who can really devote themselves to catching the little details. And let's be honest, the only reason I know as much about the story as I do is because I've seen it more than once. This movie is perfect for watching with friends and then discussing right after, to try to piece it all together, to try to make sense of it. It leads to fun discussion, I think.

One concern with the review really, and that's how you pointed out how Eva-like the ending was. Now, I haven't actually seen Evangelion all the way through so I don't know how quite to compare, but do you mean in the stereotypical mind-screw "augh this doesn't make any sense!" Eva-like, or did Eva end with the same sort of "two people alone on a beach" scene like that? If it's the former, I don't necessarily agree (aside from the giant larva nirvash, what the hell), but please set me straight if I'm wrong.

But really now, after all that's said and done.. There's nothing to complain about with Space Rock by iLL during the ending credits. What a kickass song. Vocals done by the same guy who did the "Storywriter" song heard in the TV show multiple times. What's not to like there?

(Much apologies for such a wordy post. But as I said, I had to write a damned paper on this thing, so I'm kind of passionate about it. xD)
Old 04-01-2010, 09:11 PM
blacksymbiote
Elite Member

Send a message via MSN to blacksymbiote

Superman would win.

I love the Eureka Seven series (although I've never pronounced it like you did in the review today) and I was really excited to see the movie when I heard about it. At first I did believe it was a retelling/alternate history version of the story, but then I picked up on the direct references to the original series and the heart on the moon. That added an interesting twist to the story, but over all it was not satisfying enough and was certainly too rushed and became disjointed and confusing. The reused footage was incredibly disappointing, and I do wish they had just added another story to the original arc placed in the world of the series. I have already told my friends in the past to pass this movie by, so that's my recommendation.

As for Underexposed, I'm not sure if Saber Marionette J is "under the radar" enough, but I've met/heard of very few people that have seen it. Shamanic Princess maybe?

Xbox360 GamerTag = Mr Plan
PSN ID = BlackSymbiote_
Twitter : twitter.com/blacksymbiote

I watch a movie everyday & blog about it! http://www.2guys1movie.com